• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New ELC '50-Cal' A-2!

A

Anonymous

Chandler said:
rotenhahn said:
I'm not "slagging people off" but I sure as hell am not going to say something's good when it's not! People can hold their views all they want but that's not going to make crappy repros any better.

Allow me to help a little here Rot, try using "in my opinion" a little more often, rather than the pontification tone.

G'won -- give it a try, it'll make you feel better, I promise.

Chandler
I did but won't now... if you don't like my tone well- you can besa mi culo!

A

Anonymous

Rote,
Are all your jackets original pattern sized ? Or have you given J.C. your custom measurements. $900 is a lot to pay for a new jacket that doesn't fit you right.

J_H

Chandler

rotenhahn said:
if you don't like my tone well- you can besa mi culo!

Continuing to use such a tone, or attitude, will only elicit hostile response... but then, maybe that's just what you crave.

Oh, and if you check that quoted quote above, I didn't see a statement of opinion anywhere, just a whole lot of junior high "you can't possibly know as much as me."

Chandler

A

Anonymous

JACKET_ HEAD said:
Rote,
Are all your jackets original pattern sized ? Or have you given J.C. your custom measurements. $900 is a lot to pay for a new jacket that doesn't fit you right.

J_H
Often I buy John's test or photo jackets for a little less. The 3 jackets I've paid full price for have all fit very well- but I know my measurements very well. If you're not sure it's best to do a lot of communicating and possibly send a jacket you know fits to be sure. The issues I've had with GWs have usually been with some of the test jackets (sleeves too short) although the first RW 18091 I sold because I didn't like the thick goatskin so much. John has since gotten thinner goatskin and I'm tempted to get a Dubow or Doniger eventually. I'm willing to buy and sell jackets to keep trying them out and seeing what they're like. I uysually take a hit when I sell but to me it's worth it. Right now I have a Roughwear 27752 and a Perry- the Roughwear's a full price stunning copy- the perry's an almost full price photo job.

jacketimp

rotenhahn said:
JACKET_ HEAD said:
Rote,

J_H
Often I buy John's test or photo jackets for a little less. The 3 jackets I've paid full price for have all fit very well- but I know my measurements very well. If you're not sure it's best to do a lot of communicating and possibly send a jacket you know fits to be sure. The issues I've had with GWs have usually been with some of the test jackets (sleeves too short) although the first RW 18091 I sold because I didn't like the thick goatskin so much. John has since gotten thinner goatskin and I'm tempted to get a Dubow or Doniger eventually. I'm willing to buy and sell jackets to keep trying them out and seeing what they're like. I uysually take a hit when I sell but to me it's worth it. Right now I have a Roughwear 27752 and a Perry- the Roughwear's a full price stunning copy- the perry's an almost full price photo job.

jeff,

your last post is good.....enlightening and no aggro........more please!

hacker

jacketimp said:
jeff,

your last post is good.....enlightening and no aggro........more please!.......just kidding......really...NO MORE...please

.......what you meant to say ;)

jacketimp

hacker said:
jacketimp said:
jeff,

your last post is good.....enlightening and no aggro........more please!.......just kidding......really...NO MORE...please

give a guy credit when it's due.........

what you tryin' to do......stir up a nest of sleeping hornets?!

duane duane, i'm so disappointed with myself.......i've looked upon you as one of the forum's elder to be respected...........AND NO DON'T PUT WORDS WHERE THEY DON'T BELONG...... :roll: up you know where :eek: OUCH OUCH and OUCH

Vcruiser

jacketimp said:
hacker said:
jacketimp said:
jeff,

duane duane, i'm so disappointed with myself.......i've looked upon you as one of the forum's elder to be respected...........AND NO DON'T PUT WORDS WHERE THEY DON'T BELONG...... :roll:

I think he's a Neo....and maybe even an ex-con.....
elderer

hacker

jacketimp said:
hacker said:
jacketimp said:
jeff,

duane duane, i'm so disappointed with myself.......i've looked upon you as one of the forum's elder to be respected...........AND NO DON'T PUT WORDS WHERE THEY DON'T BELONG...... :roll: up you know where :eek: OUCH OUCH and OUCH

moi? :(