New Eastman painted + Dubow

B-Man2

Burt, can I ask why you wouldn't wear a painted jacket and would you wear a patched jacket? This is not a rhetorical question, I am always interested in understanding the boundaries between homage, tribute and just plain vintage wear and the attention it can attract. Reenactment and shows are a different narrative and I put them aside vs everyday civilian wear.

And sorry if this is too personal, I'll understand.

Dany
Hi Danny
Ohh not personnel and I enjoy the exchange and the conversation . I think wearing a patched jacket or a painted jacket is all up to the personal choice of the wearer. I admire guys who wear painted and patched jackets . I just can’t pull it off. A number of years ago I wore a patched MA-1 jacket that I put together myself. I wore that jacket until the elbows went threadbare . But that was during the Top Gun days and I was younger and in my mind cooler . I’m not so young these days and definitely not so cool :)

saucerfiend

To slightly change the subject, that Dubow 1755 "without the paint", looks kinda' nice. But when I tried to use their fitting page, it said they couldn't fit me. Anyway I reached out to them with my measurements to see what they say. Got to say it sure looks nice. And that Dubow contract is one I don't have. Very interested!

Brian

B-Man2

To slightly change the subject, that Dubow 1755 "without the paint", looks kinda' nice. But when I tried to use their fitting page, it said they couldn't fit me. Anyway I reached out to them with my measurements to see what they say. Got to say it sure looks nice. And that Dubow contract is one I don't have. Very interested!

Brian
Hey buddy
I know I’m preaching to the choir but as you know , JC makes a drop dead gorgeous 1755, and no fit issues with him .

ausreenactor

Hi Danny
Ohh not personnel and I enjoy the exchange and the conversation . I think wearing a patched jacket or a painted jacket is all up to the personal choice of the wearer. I admire guys who wear painted and patched jackets . I just can’t pull it off. A number of years ago I wore a patched MA-1 jacket that I put together myself. I wore that jacket until the elbows went threadbare . But that was during the Top Gun days and I was younger and in my mind cooler . I’m not so young these days and definitely not so cool :)
Yeah...

'Murder Inc' got me some looks.....

bn1966

Saw some in the flesh recently but wouldn’t pay for or wear the painted ones..especially the ‘Hells Angels’ around these parts. Did buy their early G-1 which I’ll be paying off of my credit card for a bit :)