• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New collection from AVI LEATHER

mortene

This is Morten from AVI LEATHER here. At the moment we are working on some new civilian styles. All these jacket are made in 1mm black horsehide and will be offered with cotton twill lining or wool lining. The zippers are Talon and the chest pocket zipper will be updated with the talon chain zipper. The new styles include:

- Café racer.
- Car coat.
- Cossack.
- D-pocket with mouton fur collar.
- A reproduction of an original Monarch Halfbelt.

It would be really valuable for me if you can comment with your feedback. Would you like to change anything? The jackets on the pictures are samples so it’s not the final design.

IMG_3974.jpeg

IMG_3976.jpeg

IMG_3991.jpeg

IMG_3993.jpeg

IMG_3971.jpeg

IMG_3972.jpeg

IMG_3984.jpeg

IMG_3989.jpeg

IMG_3967.jpeg

IMG_3969.jpeg

mulceber

I think more leather options would be a good thing, even if it's just allowing customers to order these jackets in the same horsehide that you use for your A-2 jackets. I don't go in for black leather jackets very much, but a Monarch halfback in russet or seal? That might be a possibility.

Brettafett

I think slightly thicker hides would be better.
1.1 to 1.3mm
Im not very familiar with civilian styles, most Ive handled have been heavier-set hides, especially the biker styles.
Options are always a good thing.

B-Man2

Morten
Great to have you here on VLJ and thanks for considering us as contributors for your new line of jackets . I agree with Jan that while black jackets look great , offerings in other colors should be considered. My personal opinion is that the car coat may not be a real seller for you but I guess time will tell . I particularly like the wool lining option, as I think that gives leather jackets a longer wearing season in colder weather. The D pocket with the mouton collar looks good ( please do use real mouton if possible ) . The Cossack jacket is something I would be interested in IF you offered a slash /slant pocket version. I have enough jackets with the button flap G-1 jacket pocket and I think the slash/slant pocket version just looks better.
Of course these are my opinions and others may differ. Once again thanks for keeping us in the loop and considering our thoughts on your jackets.

mulceber

Yep, agreed that a heavier leather makes sense for these - 1.1 to 1.3 mm. Also, and I may be completely wrong about this, but most halfbelts I've seen have side adjuster straps of some kind, but the prototype you showed doesn't seem to. Is that just a feature of the ones Monarch made, or is the pattern still being fine-tuned?

Harris_HTM

This is Morten from AVI LEATHER here. At the moment we are working on some new civilian styles. All these jacket are made in 1mm black horsehide and will be offered with cotton twill lining or wool lining. The zippers are Talon and the chest pocket zipper will be updated with the talon chain zipper. The new styles include:

- Café racer.
- Car coat.
- Cossack.
- D-pocket with mouton fur collar.
- A reproduction of an original Monarch Halfbelt.

It would be really valuable for me if you can comment with your feedback. Would you like to change anything? The jackets on the pictures are samples so it’s not the final design.

View attachment 75104
View attachment 75105
View attachment 75106
View attachment 75107
View attachment 75108
View attachment 75109
View attachment 75110
View attachment 75111
View attachment 75112
View attachment 75113
Welcome Morten,
check this thread, I'd say pay some more attention to the zippers.

mortene

B-Man2: Thank you very much for the feedback. The mouton fur is real. Regarding the pocket it would be great if you have a picture of it? Your thoughts and opinions are really valuable to me - you are the experts! :)

mulceber: The original Monarch halfbelt we have used for the design doesnt have an adjustment strap. I can post some pictures of the original later.

Harris_HTM: The talon zippers used are identical with the ones used on vintage j100 jackets. Which ones would you prefer instead? :)

1645287949023.png

B-Man2

B-Man2: Thank you very much for the feedback. The mouton fur is real. Regarding the pocket it would be great if you have a picture of it? Your thoughts and opinions are really valuable to me - you are the experts! :)

mulceber: The original Monarch halfbelt we have used for the design doesnt have an adjustment strap. I can post some pictures of the original later.

Harris_HTM: The talon zippers used are identical with the ones used on vintage j100 jackets. Which ones would you prefer instead? :)

View attachment 75121
Morten

This is what I was referring to regarding the slant or slashed pockets .
411CF459-6D40-499C-827B-9DF451AEA2A8.png

mortene

Yep, agreed that a heavier leather makes sense for these - 1.1 to 1.3 mm. Also, and I may be completely wrong about this, but most halfbelts I've seen have side adjuster straps of some kind, but the prototype you showed doesn't seem to. Is that just a feature of the ones Monarch made, or is the pattern still being fine-tuned?
Here you have pictures of the old original Monarch halfbelt.
IMG_3760.jpeg
IMG_3761.jpeg

Enigma1938

Hello Morten,
So glad to have you here. I think it's one of the best decisions to get first hand input about vintage leather jackets so you are able to constantly improve your products like other manufacturers successfully did in the past. It's nice to know that you want to hear our opinions, it will be worth for you on the long run ;)

Last edited:

mortene

Hello Morten,
So glad to have you here. I think it's one of the best decisions to get first hand input about vintage leather jackets so you are able to constantly improve your products like other manufacturers successfully did in the past. It's nice to know that you want to hear our opinions, it will be woth for you on the long run ;)
Thanks. Your opinions means a lot to me :)