New Catch-22 mini series - George Clooney to Direct

Discussion in 'General Flight Jacket Discussion' started by Brettafett, May 3, 2018.

1. Brettafett

Brettafett Well-Known Member

This looks exciting. 6 parts... Some decent actors involved. If done well, can expect some great period sets, airplanes and A-2 flight jackets. I believe one or two well known, top tier repro makers are hoping to make the jackets.

jeremiah and Greg Gale like this.
  2. Lorenzol

Lorenzol Active Member

Thanks for the heads-up Brett. The original film is good, and there is fair share of A2s and B-25s in it, although it probably does not do the book justice. I suspect it is not an easy book to turn into a film. So many nuances, such complicated and coulorful characters. Let's see how this series stacks up. It looks like we're in for a bit of wait to find out though - as per the Wikipedia entry, "The series is expected to begin filming in early 2018".

Cheers

Officer Dibley likes this.
  3. Brettafett

Tbh Lorenzo, I'm not holding my breath... It will be almost impossible to improve over the original. I mean, there are so few B-25s flying today and as they want to film on location, I read that they intend to get one original B-25 out there (Italy?)... So, does that mean they will CGI all the others... mmmmmm
    And the flight jackets, well... The original movie used original jackets.... The reproduced movie will use repro jackets...
    I wish someone would make a really good AVG Flying Tigers film or series. Done properly, Spielberg-like. That would get me excited.

4. Lorenzol

Lorenzol Active Member

Couldn't agree more. All the more given the average quality of the Hollywood crowd's productions these days. The original film, though still short of the book's quality, depth and breadth, is still quite a good film.

5. Spitfireace

Spitfireace Active Member

I just watched the film for the first time the other night. While I thought it was quite interesting, I think I might have to read the book to figure out what is really going on.

raulm1961 likes this.
  6. Brettafett

7. Lorenzol

Lorenzol Active Member

To this day, I am not quite sure I know what's going even after reading the book.

8. Brettafett

9. Lorenzol

Lorenzol Active Member

This scene alone makes the movie earn its salt. As Brett said, try to get today's CGI-addicted Hollywood to put that many original A-2s and B-25s in one spot. Plus the dialogue between Yossarian and the doctor. Great stuff!

mrchina, Kennyz and nkang like this.
  10. Brettafett

Bloody fantastic!

11. Cocker

Cocker Well-Known Member

Aaaaaah guys, thanks to you, I'll have to watch it again soon! One of the best WW2 movie there is.

Yossarian flipping the bird to the Colonel has me roaring with laughter every time.

12. nkang

nkang Active Member

I remember watching Catch 22 when I was way too young to appreciate the humor (also I didn't speak English back then). Then while in college I read the book and I think I laughed at least once at every other page. Will wait for the mini-series and rewatch the movie!

13. falcon_ib

falcon_ib Well-Known Member

Sneak peek! If someone finds higher resolution images please post them

F1F2F20E-6C25-4A2D-8481-AA4CD44BBD8A.jpeg 8A6EFC44-E6FA-49B4-B0EE-DFF5AE0EF3BC.jpeg 39097549-9B0D-40EA-84D8-2245D9AB6C91.jpeg ECDAD535-E646-4569-AFB8-D15F62B16637.jpeg 5C023546-6C08-48BA-8075-4609CF29417A.jpeg BBB8EE46-3FFF-4F0C-8CE5-56B9C652BB96.jpeg

Tommy, Edward, Steve27752 and 3 others like this.
  14. Brettafett

Jackets and plane aren't looking half bad! Thanks for posting.

15. nkang

nkang Active Member

Anyone knows who supplied the jackets?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

16. jeremiah

jeremiah Well-Known Member

2B46E40F-4DC8-45BA-AB4F-9CEBF20C944F.jpeg His jacket has the same creases and direction as my BK arco.

17. SuinBruin

SuinBruin Well-Known Member

Just from looking at them I would guess Eastman. The wrist knits and collars look Eastman-ish to my eyes, and Eastman has provided jackets and other kit for a number of movies over the years.

nkang likes this.
  18. jeremiah

jeremiah Well-Known Member

I would agree.

19. falcon_ib

falcon_ib Well-Known Member

I love the detailed minutia like the Little Bell of San Michele and lovely leather 340th Bomb Grp patch. Looking forward to this series

Edward likes this.
  20. Brettafett

BK was in the running, but did not supply jackets for this series. I spoke to ELC at the pop up about a 'movie' they were supplying jackets for, but I am not sure it was this series, I was under the impression it may be for 'The Mighty Eighth', that said they look like the could be Eastmans. Roughwears...

nkang likes this.