• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New capeskins arrived.

A

Anonymous

Someone is still very shy to show us his new A-1 :lol: :lol: :lol:

However, the new capeskins are HERE (and waiting for a new home)

P9120828.jpg

P9120829.jpg

P9120832.jpg

P9120834.jpg

P9120838.jpg

P9120841.jpg

P9120842.jpg

A

Anonymous

you know why they call them capeskins?
because they wear capes
like batman

bcxsXXZcbL-6.png

Dr H

Andrew said:
They do look great. Which colour is is more historically accurate for an A-1?

The original remit was for seal I believe, although with the passage of time the ones that are still in existence show a range of shades depending on the level of (ab)use.

Gary Eastman owns an original A-1 (on which the most recent generation of ELC A-1 jackets is based) and he states that the colour is seal (http://www.eastmanleather.com/product_i ... cts_id=162). It's more of a chocolate colour really, rather than the dark seal seen on USN jackets for example. In his jacket, which has obviously seen a lot of use, he has examined the inside of the pockets and other less exposed areas to colour match the seal that he uses for the ELC jacket.
My BK A-1 is seal and is a very good match for the colour of the standard ELC jackets. My .50 cal A-1 is obviously paler having been aged and more closely resembles the more russet look of older used jackets that have appeared on EBay.