• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Capeskin Options @ Headwind

Silver Surfer

i have an order in with jay. he has emailed me from time to time, noting delay issues. jay last emailed me, saying that he is sub contracting button hole making, due to his machine break down.
however, i am now wondering if its going to happen at all.

Skyhawk

Hello all, yes sorry to say, we have had no luck at all with our button hole machine. It is now dead and buried and we are having our buttons done in another shop until I can replace the entire machine. In the process of working this out we lost 3 jackets due to machine malfunctions:
Badbut1.jpg

It was a whole lot of wasted leather and time but in the end we got this jacket complete by sending it to another shop with a button hole machine. We have had serious and costly delays and I have kept the customers informed along the way, but I can easily understand some frustration with the delays. Customers can be assured that I will do everything I can to speed up the process of building them an outstanding jacket. I am committed to my customers and their orders as I have been to this forum since 2006.

All The Best!
Jay

xmr

I received a refund from Jay and I paid again right after it. This way I won't lose my PP protection. I won't give up on him and I'll keep on waiting. I guess the worst thing that would happen to him right now are cancelled orders.

Well, I'm still looking forward to my A1. [emoji3][emoji1303]

xmr

8 weeks from now on max. From the factory to him in the US, then to me in germany.

With the PP protection running again I'm not in a hurry anymore. It's not like I haven't enough jackets... [emoji6]

Silver Surfer

i put my order in several months ago for a jacket and have been told by jason of this and that delay all of these months. during the course of these months, i asked for modifications to my jacket, and sent buttons to jason for these mods. about 2-3 weeks ago, it became apparent that this project was not going to happen and enough is enough. i asked for a refund and my buttons sent back. i was told that company policy is refunds take 7 days to 2 weeks. this policy was mentioned to me when i placed the order. i do not understand this stone walling, as i made an instant pp payment, and it would seem that an instant pp money return would be in order. frankly, i have run out of patience and have made a paypal claim for the refund. this is not my preferred method for doing business, and will only do so if i feel that i have no other alternative. again, jason has written to me to be patient. this not about being patient any more, it is about a refund.

Persimmon

8 weeks from now on max. From the factory to him in the US, then to me in germany.

With the PP protection running again I'm not in a hurry anymore. It's not like I haven't enough jackets... [emoji6]

Why would go that route.
Surely it would go straight from India to Germany when it's made and shipped.
My jacket arrived directly from India to the UK

Persimmon

Because all this button stuff will be done in the US

So it's being made in India. Then shipped to the US for button holes to be added and then shipped to Germany.

It should have its own passport.

It's a pity and a touch surprising that they can't find another button holer in India and save the extra costs to ship to Anerica and the higher labour wages involved.

Skyhawk

So it's being made in India. Then shipped to the US for button holes to be added and then shipped to Germany.

It should have its own passport.

It's a pity and a touch surprising that they can't find another button holer in India and save the extra costs to ship to Anerica and the higher labour wages involved.

Yes indeed! A big bummer. But after trying 3 different shops in India, ruining 3 jackets, and wasting all the time, leather, and labor costs associated with the 3 jackets that were wrecked, I will not try that again. I have been working hard on a permanent solution for the dead machine since then.

Great news though! Just yesterday we ordered a brand new button hole machine! It will be in use by the end of the month and will alleviate our button problems. This will help us get our production back on time once we finish off the back logged orders.

All the best!
Jay

xmr

I have no updates to post in case anyone is wondering. I was promised a completion time of max 8 weeks and photos along the way. 5 weeks have gone by now but no real news (apart from the new button machine) and no pictures. Apart from the button holes the jacket could have been put together ages ago so I don't really understand the ongoing delay.

Slowly but surely I'm losing my patience.

Technonut2112

I have no updates to post in case anyone is wondering. I was promised a completion time of max 8 weeks and photos along the way. 5 weeks have gone by now but no real news (apart from the new button machine) and no pictures. Apart from the button holes the jacket could have been put together ages ago so I don't really understand the ongoing delay.

Slowly but surely I'm losing my patience.

I was wondering if you have received your jacket yet. Sorry to see that you haven't. :( Personally, situations like these have less to do with patience for me, and more to do with "anything can happen while enduring extended wait times"... As much as I like GW jackets for example, I couldn't abide the 2 year wait for a new one. I could be in an accident, contract some sort of illness, or flat-out die in that time-span, etc.. Same kind of thing goes for the maker as well. To me, life is too short for the kind of aggravation you have been experiencing, and I would have ended it before getting to this point..

Silver Surfer

speaking of buttons.....though jason finally made good on the refund, he has yet to return the buttons that i sent to him. i have made it clear that they are to be used in another jacket project, and getting them back to me in a timely manner is important to completion of the project. why the big deal? the buttons are matched vintage buttons that took years to source.

xmr

Oh, that sucks. [emoji30] I hope you get these back..

Jay messaged me and told me that the A1 will be shipped to him on friday, then the buttons will be done snd it'll be shipped to me. I'll keep you updated.

Skyhawk

Oh, that sucks. [emoji30] I hope you get these back..

Jay messaged me and told me that the A1 will be shipped to him on friday, then the buttons will be done snd it'll be shipped to me. I'll keep you updated.

It is true we had had more than our share of issues and delays over the past months, however, things are sorted out now and your jacket should be delivered to you by the date I estimated. The jacket is due to arrive to me on Tuesday the 20th. It will be finished up and shipped out when complete.

Silver Surfer's buttons are in the box with the jacket. They had been sent to India for installation on his custom jacket and kept safe there. Now that his order was cancelled we are sending them back to the USA. We have not had any recent shipments from India so this is the first opportunity we had to send them back.

All the best,
Jay

xmr

Ok guys, here it is, still button-hole-less...

I hope the colour differences on the right sleeve right above the knit is a shadow or similar and not completely mismatched leather.

I really like it. The shop did a little fuck up with the waist knit but Jay will send another knit and he'll pay for the exchange - that's fine for me. Can't wait to finally get it in my hands...

Last edited:

Falcon_52

Looking good so far. I'm glad to see that your jacket is moving ahead. I am sure that you will be pleased with it when it is in your hands.

Noel