• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Capeskin Options @ Headwind

Falcon_52

My wife has a new A-1 with this cape and it is really nice, the hide is butter soft and needs no break in. For the price we got a custom jacket and Jay always makes things right for the customer.

I agree that Jay is a standup guy. After I received my 37J1 jacket (made with an error) he made things right.

ButteMT61

My wife has a new A-1 with this cape and it is really nice, the hide is butter soft and needs no break in. For the price we got a custom jacket and Jay always makes things right for the customer.
Would like to see some shots of the ladies in a jacket. I have a couple around here that might be persuaded to get one!

Skyhawk

Thanks for the comments guys! We have made quite a few A-1 & 37J1 jackets this past year. As with any new venture, We have had a few problems arise and have tried to solve them quickly. I am always available for questions via email, ([email protected]) and I personally will handle any issues which may come up. My main goal is to produce top quality reproductions and specialty jackets, at a price level that is more accessible to the average customer.

Regarding our Russet color, it is on the darker side of the russet color range. I recently had a Goodwear Knopf Repro in a dark Russet Shinki HH that is a close match to our Russet capeskin. Here are some color comparison shots:
P1030510.jpg

GW Russet Shinki Horsehide on bottom vs Headwind Russet 30z Capeskin on top.

P1030512_1.jpg

P1030505.jpg

All the best!
-Jay

Last edited:

bseal

If he said it, you know you can trust it. Looking forward to your review at or around June 4th.

bseal

A few weeks turned into a few months. Regardless, you are likely to be rewarded for your patience.

Skyhawk

I have had a lot of positive feedback on the jackets, so I am sure the jackets will be nice. If there is an issue, I am committed to solving it and making things right with the customer. I always take care of customer concerns and issues. If there is a problem, we will take the jacket back and fix it.

Most could not understand the enormity of the task of producing high quality reproduction jackets. Sure it could be easy to quickly slap together a cheap jacket with cheap materials that resembles an original, but to use high quality parts in a pattern you create yourself is quite a different story.

I have various vendors I have to coordinate with, and deal with the logistics of getting all the parts to the workshop at the proper time. When vendors are out of supplies, it causes delays. We operate out of a small workshop with skilled leather crafters, not a huge sweat shop that churns out 100's of jackets. It takes time to complete these jackets and yes there are issues and delays that you sometimes can't predict. Our latest problem is that our button hole machine just went down over the weekend. We are awaiting parts to get it working again.

We have been in business now about one year, our one year mark is in June. We have created quite a few jackets, well over 20, and had great customer responses and some repeat customers that have bought more jackets. I have had very few manufacturing defects, and when they came up they were sent back and repaired or redone to the customers satisfaction.

So yes I would say he will be "rewarded for his patience". And if there is a problem we will take care of that too.

All The Best,
Jay

FlyingYankee

Ready to order my third since the new cape is so nice on my wife's A-1. Well worth the wait. One my first jacket I was able to get 27.5" sleeves which they nailed the fit. Can't just buy these things off the rack, they are truly a Bespoke garment. I didn't think the wait was unreasonable.

xmr

Well...it'll take some time more. The leather isn't arriving and the button hole machine is broken :-/

bseal

I have had a lot of positive feedback on the jackets, so I am sure the jackets will be nice. If there is an issue, I am committed to solving it and making things right with the customer. I always take care of customer concerns and issues. If there is a problem, we will take the jacket back and fix it.

Most could not understand the enormity of the task of producing high quality reproduction jackets. Sure it could be easy to quickly slap together a cheap jacket with cheap materials that resembles an original, but to use high quality parts in a pattern you create yourself is quite a different story.

I have various vendors I have to coordinate with, and deal with the logistics of getting all the parts to the workshop at the proper time. When vendors are out of supplies, it causes delays. We operate out of a small workshop with skilled leather crafters, not a huge sweat shop that churns out 100's of jackets. It takes time to complete these jackets and yes there are issues and delays that you sometimes can't predict. Our latest problem is that our button hole machine just went down over the weekend. We are awaiting parts to get it working again.

We have been in business now about one year, our one year mark is in June. We have created quite a few jackets, well over 20, and had great customer responses and some repeat customers that have bought more jackets. I have had very few manufacturing defects, and when they came up they were sent back and repaired or redone to the customers satisfaction.

So yes I would say he will be "rewarded for his patience". And if there is a problem we will take care of that too.

All The Best,
Jay

Sweat shops? Both my siblings worked in a large one when they were younger. This kept the lights on and food in the icebox. Plus, we still have our very nice Nikes.

bseal

Well...it'll take some time more. The leather isn't arriving and the button hole machine is broken :-/

Ok, it's been another month. Jay's clearly has his act together. Let's see some pics please.

xmr

I'm not sure as I REALLY want this jacket. But it's now almost 6 months and no progress [emoji20]

xmr

Jay just told me he's still struggling to get the button holes done right - their machine is broken and he needs to outsource this work. I'm on vacation in france atm and hope to have some good news when I'm back (first week of august) *fingers crossed*

ButteMT61

Well, still less time than I waited for my Aero and GW, so give the new guy a chance. I know the waiting sucks, but new guys need our support if possible. If I had some cash, I'd give one of those a shot...sadly, I don't. Good luck!

xmr

Yes, I like to support new guys as well. I'm a bit sad that Aerial Star dropped out of the A2 game as I really love mine. I'd have bought a russet one as well I guess.

We're reaching the 180 days Paypal deadline in 3 weeks. Until then I'm safe. I lost quite a lot money before and I'm not sure if I'd cancel my order before I reach this deadline. The jacket has been paid when I ordered 6 months ago and my last 2 messages haven't been answered yet.

Is anyone here waiting for his jacket as well?

I think not a single A1 was made using his new leather that was introduced months ago. To be honest, I'm getting a bit pessimistic.

Members online

Latest posts