• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

new baby arrived today - ELC Gordon&Ferguson contract M422a

Griffon_301

Happy camper here!

I got my "new" (well second hand but hardly ever worn) ELC Gordon & Ferguson M-442a delivered today...
stunning jacket all around!
the leather seems to be a bit thinner than on my ELC G-1 and the M-422a seems to be a bit lighter due to that;
I had to take the 46L as I was out for a M-422a and this one popped up at the classifieds section over at ELC a few days ago; price was right, size also so I dropped the hammer on it...I do not mind that it is a 46L and therefor a tad bit longer than a standard 46, I feel well with it and can move around easily; it just needs some breaking in done...now where is the rain :D

so another example to add to my collection of USN jackets :D

Attachments

• phil_m422a.jpg
    phil_m422a.jpg
    901.3 KB · Views: 332

Griffon_301

... and a side by side comparison of the two Navy jackets... you can see the difference in color and form of the collar...

Attachments

• 422a_g1.jpg
    422a_g1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 292

Pilot

Congrats! saw in in the Bay...very nice, very well made...bravo! Glückwunsch und frohe Ostern! Congrats and happy Easter.

Griffon_301

Oh, Did not know that...well it really is a great jacket and I am looking forward to give it much wear time in the future, even if its more 37J1 temperatures here currently...may I ask why did you part with the jacket?

MeachamLake

It’s a seriously gorgeous jacket but I only have room for so many of them - I decided to move it on to get the cash! I prefer the fit of an A2 on the whole and put the money towards a new ELC Rough Wear.

Griffon_301

Ah I see :) I have tried quite a few A-2s over the years (a Real McCoys and a ELC Roughwear only recently whilst visiting London) but I feel the opposite...I prefer the G-1/M-422a. Strangely also, the A-2s I tried fitted better in size 44...

Griffon_301

Yes...the jacket is basically new! It will need some wear and tear and I am confident that I will be able to provide that

And as requested...here is a picture of the label...

Attachments

• 20190418_151739.jpg
    20190418_151739.jpg
    9.4 MB · Views: 243