• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New ATF Flight jacket Update

ties70

@ausreenactor

Are there any more details in that email?

Did ATF really send original B-10s to their producer in VN or just original ATF B-10s?

If they come up with anything else than the horrible long-haired koala bear linings, I might be interested...with my size and weight there's no chance for me to get a jacket from any other maker, incl. Bronson and Dong..

Smithy

The Kanaljacke looked brilliant in the photos Rollin posted back in 2017ish. I'm currently waiting on an order for a couple of things from ATF but it looks like I might be having to place another order with them soon then.

ties70

Registered, but received nothing... Probably next time they send something out... Doesn't help for now...

Adama36

Adama36

Here is a copy of the news letter -the photo above was part of the newsletter

Due to the trade war (this is not an invitation to spam me with LaRouche 2020 crap) and my cancelling all orders with the largest communist country in Asia we're going to have a gap in uniform deliveries. We're working with suppliers in two other countries; if all goes well, and so far the samples have been superior to what we were getting before, making me foolishly optimistic, there should be a flood of new uniforms next Summer. What month and day??? Ha. FIIK.

Today, seven uniforms are heading to 'Nam.

B10 Jacket: No AAC stencils due to all the caterwauling those caused due to the pantone of the blue being two digits off, the stencil being 1/32" too high or too low, etc, etc..

B15A Jacket: (I'm on the fence between B15 and B15A- I like the leather nipples and MOLLE looking straps on the latter.)

Pile Field Jacket Liner: Spec 368B (Mar 1944 pattern) with the covered pile so we can use polar fleece instead- to prevent them from being $150.

Luftwaffe Channel Jacket: Likely we'll use faux fur as well- but maybe real critter hide on the collar. Riri zippers are a maybe since they'll raise the price $50.

US Raincoat: The contractor swears she can get the rubberized canvas now. We'll see.

Tanker Jacket (wool lined): I'm sending a very bruised and battered original to base a wool lined version on, with wind proof inter-lining and water repellent shell. The latter two traits are not "authentic" but they're invisible and make for a better performing garment. Whining history nerds can kiss it. Go cry to your FB fans about it.

Girl HBT Coveralls: My wife's first observation: That trap door on the backside is just an invitation for someone to get obnoxious with an ice cube or a fake spider. No idea that's what pops into her millennial mind so fast.

Deck Jackets? I'm taking a wait and see position on those. They are likely, but not certain as of now.

Peacoats, Mackinaws, Mountain stuff, denims, etc: Maybe 2021.

USMC? Khakis only. Until/ if the trademark criteria change, we can't do them.

ties70

Here is a copy of the news letter -the photo above was part of the newsletter

Due to the trade war (this is not an invitation to spam me with LaRouche 2020 crap) and my cancelling all orders with the largest communist country in Asia we're going to have a gap in uniform deliveries. We're working with suppliers in two other countries; if all goes well, and so far the samples have been superior to what we were getting before, making me foolishly optimistic, there should be a flood of new uniforms next Summer. What month and day??? Ha. FIIK.

Today, seven uniforms are heading to 'Nam.

B10 Jacket: No AAC stencils due to all the caterwauling those caused due to the pantone of the blue being two digits off, the stencil being 1/32" too high or too low, etc, etc..

B15A Jacket: (I'm on the fence between B15 and B15A- I like the leather nipples and MOLLE looking straps on the latter.)

Pile Field Jacket Liner: Spec 368B (Mar 1944 pattern) with the covered pile so we can use polar fleece instead- to prevent them from being $150.

Luftwaffe Channel Jacket: Likely we'll use faux fur as well- but maybe real critter hide on the collar. Riri zippers are a maybe since they'll raise the price $50.

US Raincoat: The contractor swears she can get the rubberized canvas now. We'll see.

Tanker Jacket (wool lined): I'm sending a very bruised and battered original to base a wool lined version on, with wind proof inter-lining and water repellent shell. The latter two traits are not "authentic" but they're invisible and make for a better performing garment. Whining history nerds can kiss it. Go cry to your FB fans about it.

Girl HBT Coveralls: My wife's first observation: That trap door on the backside is just an invitation for someone to get obnoxious with an ice cube or a fake spider. No idea that's what pops into her millennial mind so fast.

Deck Jackets? I'm taking a wait and see position on those. They are likely, but not certain as of now.

Peacoats, Mackinaws, Mountain stuff, denims, etc: Maybe 2021.

USMC? Khakis only. Until/ if the trademark criteria change, we can't do them.

Thanks for helping out with the information!!

I seem to be placed on the wrong side of good karma this week:

- registered at ATF, but got no confirmation mail nor newsletter
- tried to contact WPG, and got no reply
- tried to contact an Ebay seller after his "0 bid" auction, and...you guessed it, never got any reply...

Ties

Smithy

kanaljacket - YES

If it's like the one that Rollin mocked up and had his better half wearing it will be excellent. I'm really excited about it.

I actually thought I'd saved a photo of the ATF prototype from 2017 but can't seem to find it. Have you still got a photo of it CBI?

crism1

Cracked me up lol

Smithy

Rollin is a riot. He used to be even more cynical. Has mellowed over the years.

He always makes me have a chuckle ;-) In terms of repro WWII military he's also streets ahead of a lot of other companies. One thing I like about ATF is that all of the stuff I've bought from them, although it's been repro, is that it hasn't been flimsy like a lot of repro gear. All the ATF things I have bought feel tough ad wear tough like proper army surplus gear, it's not like a lot of repro stuff where it might look the part but is delicate.

Occasionally he even gets original WWII kit in as well. I got some German "Gemaschen" (leather gaiters for use on boots) which are original Wehrmacht/Waffen-SS issue which he'd somehow gotten hold of - something I always use now when we go up hiking in the mountains to the family cottage/cabin.

ATF are easily one of my favourites. I'm even waiting on an order for a few things from them right now!