• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Aero B-10

zoomer

Another jacket I'd really be all over would be the textile 37J1! One of the best looking one in my opinion.
Sure is, but for reasons that make it an iffy bet for mfg.

1. It's very detailed - plenty of tailoring, even tho there's no bi-swing or belts. The proportions of pockets, stitching and such are of nearly A-2 level importance to the look.
2. It really needs to be Bedford cord, a tough material to get at all, but the right weight and wale count pretty much requires a special order. (The original material was "Jungle Cloth," a hefty, very tight weave with water resistant treatment. Today it is exclusive to a few high-end workwear makers - and they don't make 37Js!)
3. It's spring weight, but it's got knits, and they really need to be wool to look/feel right. That limits its appeal right there.

Every maker I speak to tells me the 37J would have to sell for leather jacket prices for these reasons. It's also a 1930s item, with a less than heroic wartime pedigree. They were reissued stateside to flight cadets, and were invariably faded and dingy - a symbol that you hadn't earned your leather yet. The style is well known only in Asia, so well done repros are always in small sizes.

It is a very handsome piece of clothing if done right, and could be very versatile (say, if water treated, with a button-out tanker lining). But there are so many little reasons not to do it.

Last edited:

Legion

After the Eastman Anj-4 and the Aero A-2, I said to myself that I have a light and a heavy jacket and shouldn't need anything else. Now it seems that I somehow convinced myself that I have 2 leather jackets and no fabric ones. When I am up in Scotland I might go back to Galashiels to have measurements taken for a B-10. Please don't stop making them before I do!

Cocker

My B-10's been my go-to jacket for 3 months now, I've only been wearing my A-2 one or two times, and nothing else. I can't say enough good things about it!

KentH

I think the A_9 label as I've stated happened, but was nothing more than a mislabelling. It appears to be made otherwise to the B-10 Specifications. I'm gonna try and dig up some more period dark cloth examples of B-10 to B-15a. I need to check what was posted on the other thread when Im not on my phone. I'll start with the Roughwear B-15a, which they were able to qualify with an orginal. The point being that the colour Aero have chosen has precedence and offers something a little different.

B-15A 2016 1.png
I know this is a year old thread, but i just joined and had been looking at opinions on Aero's B10 jacket and happened across this picture.. Is this a pic of an actual jacket or someone's current reproduction..?? I know it is not a B10...

Thanks.. Kent

MeachamLake

I know this is a year old thread, but i just joined and had been looking at opinions on Aero's B10 jacket and happened across this picture.. Is this a pic of an actual jacket or someone's current reproduction..?? I know it is not a B10...

Thanks.. Kent

That's Eastman's B-15A reproduction, available on their website now.

Lovely but not worth the insane amount they ask for one these days, IMO.

Otter

I have the Eastman B15 and it is a lovely jacket (it now has my Korean War FAC Mosquito patch on it). If you are looking for something similar, try the Pike Brothers one that Aero sell, about 265 GBP if I remember correctly.

Carl

I have the Eastman B15 and it is a lovely jacket (it now has my Korean War FAC Mosquito patch on it). If you are looking for something similar, try the Pike Brothers one that Aero sell, about 265 GBP if I remember correctly.
Pic of the patch please ?

Tommy

Actually looking forward to next month when I can hopefully start wearing this again! Wonder if Aero might produce some B15 models next? Eastman Cloth jackets are copied from originals, but I agree price has gone a bit silly now on them.

Pilot

Buzz Rickson Oldon-Dennis was the better of all the linings.
I could compare linings ( based on my original Stagg and Roughwear ) and then sold my BR O’D here a while ago. Was not impressed if next to my RMcC’s. The worst ( of all prime makers) was my ELC, also sold to a member via ELC classified.

Last edited:

Griffon_301

I could compare linings ( based on my original Stagg and Roughwear ) and then sold my BR O’D here a while ago. Was not impressed if next to my RMcC’s. The worst ( of all prime makers) was my ELC, also sold to a member via ELC classified.

I guess that member must be me :) I cannot comment on the other makers but I still like the ELC B-15/15a and their lining... Very warm in a light weight shell and therefor great jackets for any outside activities that require ease of movement while still keeping one warm...