New Aero B-10

Discussion in 'Repros' started by Tommy, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Cocker

Cocker Well-Known Member

Now you need someone to take a good fit pic of the new beauty!

nkang likes this.
  2. Art

Art Active Member

D991BC60-7039-45D3-B99F-86407074142A.png
    Simon Williams is good if your in the UK
    Miroslav equally talented

Technonut2112 and Smithy like this.
  3. GyreneGreen

GyreneGreen Member

How are the sleeves on these? Original photos seem to show that the B-10 had pretty slim cut sleeves, or atleast ones that narrowed significantly from the shoulder to the cuff.

4. Smithy

Smithy Well-Known Member

Thanks Art. I'm actually in deepest, darkest, Arctic Norway, so it's 6 of one, half a dozen of the other when it comes to ordering. Some really great patches but I'll probably go with either Josh or Miroslav.

5. nkang

nkang Active Member

@Cocker I know. But that might take another month :)
    Mine have slim cut sleeves narrowed from shoulder to cuff. Not sure about "significant" but it's slimmer than my Buzz Superior Togs.

GyreneGreen likes this.
  6. Cocker

Cocker Well-Known Member

Same for mine, slim sleeves, which I really like. I wore it when walking the dog at 2AM , with a simple t-shirt under it, and it was reaaaaaaaaaaaally cosy.

7. nkang

nkang Active Member

I used Quicktime and my webcam to record some fit pictures. Let me know what you guys think about the fit? Thanks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

blackrat2, Cocker, falcon_ib and 5 others like this.
  8. ButteMT61

ButteMT61 Well-Known Member

Looks perfect to me!

nkang likes this.
  9. Smithy

Smithy Well-Known Member

Yup, nothing wrong with that.

nkang likes this.
  10. B-Man2

B-Man2 Well-Known Member

You got yourself a winner!
    Nice fit.

nkang likes this.
  11. johnwayne

johnwayne Well-Known Member

Looks very 'brown' on my IPad - is it really that colour? Personally I think it's poss a tad short but looks good nonetheless and more importantly, how do you think it fits/feels on you?

12. Persimmon

Persimmon Well-Known Member

I thought it was brown.

13. Smithy

Smithy Well-Known Member

It looks brown here too but he's using a webcam which are bloody awful for capturing colour.

14. nkang

nkang Active Member

@johnwayne @Persimmon Guys, it's a dark green color. I just moved to a new city for work and don't have anyone to help taking better fit pictures in this warm weather (I geek in this field alone). Webcam & lighting issue made it look like brown. See previous photos I posted for a more accurate color.

Fit wise, I find the zipping a tiny bit difficult as I'm too horizontally gifted for my age. The length might be a bit short but overall I feel great in this jacket. It's by far the best fitting one I've ever owned so far, and I'd die pretty young if I don't lose a bit more weight (for the jacket) ;)

15. Thomas Koehle

Thomas Koehle Well-Known Member

awesome fit pengyou

nkang likes this.
  16. ArtificialHorizon

ArtificialHorizon New Member

@Ken: has the distance between waistband and pockets finally be confirmed?

@Tommy & Cocker: could you kindly post again some pictures of your jackets in daylight with a focus on the upper area / collar?

Anybody else received his jacket in the meantime?

I’m really attracted by that style, but not yet sure about which collar I shall select:

- Dark brown collar appears as nearly black in the pictures on Aero’s website. How’s that in real life?

- Golden collar looks quite nice, but isn’t it too bright / too flashy? Easy to get bored of it over time?

- Rust collar seems to be on the very reddish side. How’s that in real life?

Thank you! ;-)

17. Ken at Aero Leather

Ken at Aero Leather Well-Known Member

We've settled on 1" above the knit
    Why not mail the factory for an off cut of the collar furs, dark brown is brown in the sun.I've always preferred the rust personally

ArtificialHorizon likes this.
  18. Steve27752

Steve27752 Well-Known Member

1" sounds just about perfect. Would I order the same size as my A2 which is a modern 44"

19. Cocker

Cocker Well-Known Member

Perfect fit, nkang!! That's how I'd like mine to fit in an ideal world!

@ArtificialHorizon indeed, the dark brown is almost black IRL too, only in plain sunlight is it looking a bit more brown.

nkang and ArtificialHorizon like this.
  20. nkang

nkang Active Member

Some updates:

Guys, Ken told me that the zipper is 50 years old so, after applying some pencil lightly on the teeth, it works perfectly. I've been trying it on every evening and now find the fit perfect. It's certainly a slim fit on me so there's not much space on the length, but it's very comfortable to wear since Sam and Anne at Aero nailed my measurements perfectly (I'm also guilty of preferring slim fit to a loose fit for cotton shell jackets).

Conclusion: This is a keeper and the ladies at Aero are awesome! Kudos to them! I'll do a more detailed review with better fit pictures when the climate allows.

ArtificialHorizon likes this.