• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Aero 50's Halfbelt

Andreart

Got a custom 50's halfbelt in mid weight seal jerky HH from Aero before the meltdown. i've been breaking it in this winter and its starting to worry me a bit. The finish is coming off in places and the corners of the interior pocket is starting to crack. this is way to new a jacket for that crap. Any one else have these problems with thier civilian stuff. I have a few Aero a-2s and a different hide HG, but that ones fine. maybe a bad batch if hides? dont get it. for the price of that jacket, over a grand US, this is not good.

Andreart

pics:

012_zps5e2200a9.jpg

005_zps3dd880c7.jpg

this is the cracking in the pockets.

omarco

If i can say one thing about Aero it would be that their customer service seems to be very well geared up to solving customers problems with their jackets. Give em a call and see what they say.. you might be in for a little wait though, seems a bit chaotic over there at the moment.

fishmeok

Hello

What you are seeing is the edge of the body panel where the pocket has been cut out. For a pocket you cut out 2 sides of a triangle on each end and fold them under. Then you slit the leather from apex to apex of the triangle cutout and fold- this makes the sides. What you are seeing where the base edges of the triangle meets the folded over sides. This jacket looks like dark dye on a light hide- this shows up edge wear more than a darker base hide would.

Mark

Dr H

bseal said:
Your jacket is normal. We are all normal.

Hey! Speak for yourself Steve. I wouldn't be receiving treatment on this Forum were I 'normal'! :roll:

Andreart

omarco said:
If i can say one thing about Aero it would be that their customer service seems to be very well geared up to solving customers problems with their jackets. Give em a call and see what they say.. you might be in for a little wait though, seems a bit chaotic over there at the
moment.

Contacted Holly over at Aero, Kens says the workmanship on the pockets is poor, but the jerkey hide is spray finished, "and thats why people buy the jerkey hide cause the finsh wears off". Sounds like BS to me but i'm sending it back for a different hide. I can't deal with a leather jacket that flakes off like a re dye. Total hastle for a coat that costs over a thousand bucks US and took 4 months to get. Looks like a russet base with a brown paint job, not what i expected from the company I was always very happy with. We'll see how this plays out. It sucks because It's breaking in really nice, but the finish just doesn't cut the mustard. They seem to be a little stressed out over there too, bad timing i guess.....