• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New additions

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Weasel_Loader said:
I sure do remember Pretorian.

I could never work out what his game was, the nylon jackets weren't the only thing he bought. Another of his lines was every brightly coloured pair of Doc Martens in a small size.

He must have lost a lot of money.

Dr H

deeb7 said:
Another of his lines was every brightly coloured pair of Doc Martens in a small size.

In countries like Uzbakistan, Khazikistan, and Tajikistan, they are considered a great delicacy. ;)

Dr H

Sorry to put the cat among the pigeons, just referencing David's previous quote about pockets (see An original B-1!!!
PostPosted: Thu 11 Jun, 2009 4:25 am ...) :D

John Lever wrote:
There's probably a large box of pocket flaps somewhere.

In countries like Uzbakistan, Khazikistan, and Tajikistan, they are considered a great delicacy.

rich

Peter Graham said:
Dr H said:
deeb7 said:
Another of his lines was every brightly coloured pair of Doc Martens in a small size.

In countries like Uzbakistan, Khazikistan, and Tajikistan, they are considered a great delicacy. ;)
What, you mean they eat them ! :eek:

Best thing for 'em - DM's and MA-1's etc, not a good combination!

USMC_GAU-21

Jim,

Great looking Nylon. I too am impressed with your finds. I am a little....um LARGE after retirement to fit into a Buzz, so not shelling out the money for until I can fit into it properly. But I would like to fit into my jackets as you do.

The L-2's fit you very nice. The Pritzker is sweet! I keep looking on eBay and the like but I keep missing these early "black tag" Nylons.

Nice display! Thanks for the pictures.

r - Gy Dan ;)

watchmanjimg

UV-faded early MA-1

It's been awhile since we last discussed UV-faded nylon, such as the '58 Dobbs 8279B I used to own:

JacketsEtc017.jpg

I just happened to be surfing Ebay, and lo and behold! Here's another:

http://cgi.ebay.com/50s-MA-1-US-AIR-FOR ... 985wt_1165

The uniformity of the fading never ceases to amaze me . . .

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Re: UV-faded early MA-1

watchmanjimg said:
It's been awhile since we last discussed UV-faded nylon, such as the '58 Dobbs 8279B I used to own:

JacketsEtc017.jpg

Hey !! ...... Snap !! :D

Dobbs_e.jpg

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Willy McCoy said:
Nice jacket Dave and it looks killer! Pristine is OK, but I like the jackets that seen seat time better.

... so, pretty much how it was when Jim first found it. :)