• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Acme (Aero, Beacon) 21996- Spec-Weight

DiamondDave

Gents,

The jackets will be being made, but the current schedule is on hold until some things get sorted with JC and his family. We may well be rebranding at that time as well, and starting a completely new company, only time will tell.

DD

stanier

Blimey, don’t mean to be rude but I might have guessed. More waiting for unclear reasons and with no end in sight. Are we talking weeks? Months? Years? Vapour Wear? Please DD and JC, be assured your customers will value your products without a lengthy wait, I promise. And I don’t care what the company is called, or if it’s new or anything else. Just want to pay money and take delivery a SHORT while later. I totally get that people have things happen in their lives and sometimes they are of a private and personal nature, but then don’t dangle the chuffin’ carrot until sorted with something more definite. All this ingrained waiting is absolutely beyond a flamin’ joke! Sorry, but there I’ve said it and I’m actually being polite. Please don’t show any more new products until you can reasonably produce and ship the ones already shown. Arrrgghh!

Juanito

Strange that’s there been no update here... as he certainly has been active elsewhere.
Funny thing, I was thinking about that this morning after checking the "New Posts." Look, I am a fan of Diamond Dave's jackets, but this whole thing about getting out of the jacket business, then posting this creation eluding to big changes in the website and indicating he's back in the jacket business, then no updates regarding this jacket or the website, but hella activity throwing mud in other threads...

I just don't get it. It is a strange business model, indeed.

Juanito

Blimey, don’t mean to be rude but I might have guessed. More waiting for unclear reasons and with no end in sight. Are we talking weeks? Months? Years? Vapour Wear? Please DD and JC, be assured your customers will value your products without a lengthy wait, I promise. And I don’t care what the company is called, or if it’s new or anything else. Just want to pay money and take delivery a SHORT while later. I totally get that people have things happen in their lives and sometimes they are of a private and personal nature, but then don’t dangle the chuffin’ carrot until sorted with something more definite. All this ingrained waiting is absolutely beyond a flamin’ joke! Sorry, but there I’ve said it and I’m actually being polite. Please don’t show any more new products until you can reasonably produce and ship the ones already shown. Arrrgghh!
Well, that’s now out in the open...

DiamondDave

Gents,

I assume by everyone’s tenor on this thread that you all work 40 plus hours per week, and then work all night too? I assume that I must always be working and answering your questions or I’m a bad guy? Guess what fellas, I am allowed a life too, if it takes longer than you prefer...so be it. Don’t buy from me if that’s an issue, I will carve out time to do things I enjoy also, sorry not sorry.

DD

And please go buy a Platon jacket.

stanier

Last edited:

B-Man2

Dave
Gents,

I assume by everyone’s tenor on this thread that you all work 40 plus hours per week, and then work all night too? I assume that I must always be working and answering your questions or I’m a bad guy? Guess what fellas, I am allowed a life too, if it takes longer than you prefer...so be it. Don’t buy from me if that’s an issue, I will carve out time to do things I enjoy also, sorry not sorry.

DD

And please go buy a Platon jacket.
Dave
I always liked you and your jackets. I still have your original “Combat Clone” , the very first one that you made and put up on the forum and your website. It’s a great jacket . I’ll probably never sell that one along with a few I got from John . So it’s with all those positive feelings that I’m saying the following. You’re slowly loosing ground with a lot of those here who have been your supporters. People who have been in your corner throughout your conflicts with other jacket manufacturers. People who want to see you succeed and don't want to see you close up your jacket business. When you announced that you were going to put out a new jacket, your supporters were cheering you on, many were anxiously waiting to see the results in anticipation of putting down their money in support of you and your new creation. It was you who brought this information to the forefront and suggested that it’s development was imminent. All we did was continue to wait and to follow its development in hopes of seeing the results and supporting you in this new endeavor. So it’s kind of irrational to take the position you’re now taking and to chastise us ... your supporters ... because we still want to support you and hopefully purchase one of your jackets. You seem to be stuck, continuously focusing on perceived past injustices. Honestly man , you need to slow down take a breath and let go of the Ken thing. Many of us were and still are here for you... but you’re slowly loosing ground with others who were in your corner. That’s it..I hope you take this the way it was meant, in a positive light, from one of those who wants to see you succeed .
Take care

Last edited:

Skip

Things happen. people/business’ change due to circumstances in life and differing priorities develop because of such, I’m sure we’ve all been there at some stage. Maybe we could just have a little patience and empathise with them as they go through what appear to be more than just a business model change?

I’m sure DD is just trying to keep y’all posted into what’s likely to happen in the future, While at the same time trying to find a work/life balance that works for him and his family in what is no doubt a difficult period in more ways than one. Rubbing salt in the wounds sure ain’t gonna help anyone...

mulceber

It’s been a while since anyone’s posted on this project, and a question occurred to me, so I thought I’d try to get things rolling again:

Dave - is there going to be a good cowhide option for this jacket (i.e. one that will look like the awesome leather you posted on the first page of the thread)? I recall from Eastman’s guide that at least some of the 21996 contract was made from cowhide, so it would be accurate to the originals.

mulceber

I hadn’t heard that - good on Dave! I’m in no great rush to get an update, as I wouldn’t be ordering right away anyhow. So I’m quite happy to wait a while, until well after this has all blown over.

ButteMT61

I've seen a lot of perforated leather masks from "designers" that are bringing ungodly prices. Yep, just when you might hope the wealthy get some common sense knocked into 'em, you realize you're too smart to ever make a lot of money :p