• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Aces High Irvin

CryptoDave

Hi Everyone,

My new Aces High Irvin just arrived and I have to say that Jon did a fantastic job and was a pleasure to deal with.

This is the first fleece jacket that I have owned, other than the B6 which I recently sold.

Before everyone starts commenting, I know the sleeves are on the long side but i like them that way. I also know from talking to Jon, that as I wear the Jacket and break it in, it will "mold" more to my body.

This jacket is very soft, in fact I was surprised at how soft the leather was.

Here are some pics:

Here is a pic with a light sweater/fleece zip up under it:

FrontwithJumper_zpsed4d51a9.jpg

OpenwithJumper_zps10e6a71d.jpg

Here are some pics with no sweater under it, just a shirt:

FrontNoJumper_zpsfca9d524.jpg

OpenNoJumper_zps283c5d83.jpg

Here are some close up shots:

Fleece_zps83b88cdc.jpg

SleeveZiped_zps75ea8dc8.jpg

SleeveOpen_zps1251d924.jpg

Overall the jacket is extremely comfortable both with and without the sweater. I'm told that these jackets are not like an A-2 in that they are made to be a bit more "roomy" and it's customary to wear a medium to heavy weight sweater under them. I'm sure those that are reading this already know that.

Thanks,

Dave

dujardin

she looks great, comfortable, warm and roomyyyyy

perfect for a cold winter

personnaly the lenght of the arm is too long but you said you like it that way, so she's perfect you ;)

enjoyyyy

i like his color, also the fleece

congrats

flyboy

Congratulations with your Irvin, Dave.
It looks absolutely smashing!
I am also really looking forward to a softer Irvin, since my Aero is a bit on the stiff side, rather heavy and slightly cumbersome.
I think you'll be pleased with this one - after you've had a chance to break it in - for many, many years.
Tally Ho!

Persimmon

CryptoDave said:
Thanks guys. Looking forward to seeing yours Soren.

Dave

Hi Dave
I am no expect on the more bulky jackets but it does look good.

I do question the arm length though.
It just does not look right.

For future jackets why not go more normal length and wear some gloves (if the fingers are cold).

Wear it well and enjoy.

Falcon_52

Dave:

I think it looks great. I especially like the big collar. The fleece color and texture looks right on too. Since the originals were worn over a uniform jacket and/or sweater, the "roominess" doesn't look out of place. The sleeve length would probably be a bit long (for me) but it sounds like you are happy with them.

Hopefully, winter will make an appearance soon so you can get some wear time in it! Enjoy!

Noel

CryptoDave

Yes I can't wait for the temp to drop so I can start wearing this beast. Interestingly, where I live in NJ I have never seen anyone with an Irvin so I'm curious as to the comments and reactions I will get if any at all.

Dave

Vcruiser

Well to be completely honest..you've gone from jackets that were two sizes too large to much better fitting jackets with sleeves that most would consider way too long. However..it's on purpose since you like and order them that way..so all anyone can say is congrats. You have come a long way.

B-Man2

Dave

What size is the jacket and for those of us who are interested, please give us the measurements for that size.

Thanks

CryptoDave

I have a question for the group, what quality hanger do you recommend for this jacket? Im guessing that a standard 17" hanger won't cut it, it will be too short.

Thanks,

Dave

CryptoDave

Vcruiser said:
Well to be completely honest..you've gone from jackets that were two sizes too large to much better fitting jackets with sleeves that most would consider way too long. However..it's on purpose since you like and order them that way..so all anyone can say is congrats. You have come a long way.

Thanks

Dave

Jason

That's stunning! Jon has done to Irvins what JC has done for the A-1/A-2. Absolutely fantastic.
Bring on the cold weather ;)

CryptoDave

B-Man2 said:
Dave

What size is the jacket and for those of us who are interested, please give us the measurements for that size.

Thanks

It's a size 42
Pit to Pit: is either 19" or 21" I appologize for the in accuracy, but I'm not exactly certain how to measure.
Sleeve Lenght: 24"
Jacket Length: 26"

Again since I'm no expert at this, I would have Jon weigh in or ask him what the measurements are on his size 42.

Hope this was somewhat helpful.

Dave

Jeff M

Just fold up those sleeves to show some of the shearling, and it will look classic!

(Surprised the sleeves are just 24" long.)

CryptoDave

Jeff M said:
Just fold up those sleeves to show some of the shearling, and it will look classic!

That's a great idea. I've seen old pics of this.

Thanks,

Dave

Roughwear

CryptoDave said:
I have a question for the group, what quality hanger do you recommend for this jacket? Im guessing that a standard 17" hanger won't cut it, it will be too short.

Thanks,

Dave

I would recommend a wide plastic hanger which should not stretch the sheepskin or just store it flat.

B-Man2

Jeff M said:

The wide shoulders would probably account for the long look of the sleeves eventhough they're only 24 inches long.

ButteMT61

That is one of the best-looking jackets I've ever seen. Now, I'd like to know if Jon does anything after he makes it? What I mean is, the hides look so much better now than the "in progress" shots.
I want one BAD!
Congrat's Dave! :)