• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New A2 from ELC

Cocker

2500GBP?!?!?! Are you effing serious??

Moreover, the idea of having an A-2 with an artwork that will be exactly the same as other people is somewhat deterrent to me. What's the point on wanting to be original while you know there will be some guys around wearing the same jacket as yours? Better buy a "virgin" A-2 and ask one of the many great artist in the community to do a custom job on it, one that'll reflect your personnality.

Silver Surfer

very nicely handled, but as that lady in paris in the 1920s wrote, " a repro is a repro, is a repro, is a repro". for this kinda dough, a patched and painted original can be found. if ya consider $ and SENSE, the repro will lose 1/4 of its value the day it leaves the box, whereas an original will maintain and accrue in value over time. also, who the hell has the dough for these repros?

ausreenactor

very nicely handled, but as that lady in paris in the 1920s wrote, " a repro is a repro, is a repro, is a repro". for this kinda dough, a patched and painted original can be found. if ya consider $ and SENSE, the repro will lose 1/4 of its value the day it leaves the box, whereas an original will maintain and accrue in value over time. also, who the hell has the dough for these repros?

That is why I keep them in the box! ;)

Officer Dibley

Not a fan of any painting on a jacket personally but to each their own.
However, as 99% of original ww2 artwork was not of a very high quality and the guys had theirs done by an amateur for a few bucks, it seem rather unoriginal to pay a modern day Michaelangelo to do the painting for hundreds of bucks ....
Still, if you have that money spare and it floats your boat, crack on. Nothing sadder than spending your hard earned cash on something to please others than yourself....

Last edited:

Bombing IP

Most of the jacket art in WW2 was in the naive class ,with 1% being done by a trained artist .Same goes for patches painted and leather pieced ,but today its all about money not authenticity . At 2500 pounds I could buy 8 used Eastman A2's and decorate myself . This jacket of Eastman is a top tier Avirex with everyone being the same .He is chasing the Asia market at prices like this ,his company to do what he pleases with .

BIP

Last edited:

Pilot

Lordy! But crazier than the price, is that someone WILL actually buy one. I see a large box heading off to ASIA soon.
Can confirm out of Asia... since living here for half of the year.........he is not the only one...most pricy primes regardless what...not only jackets but all high class and pricy items......go to Asia or Middle East...(also see the BR or RMC-Japan sales or the Japan Militaria sites...no doubt...).

Went to the Seoul Eastman dealer...he always has a fair amount of ELC jackets and others...
in approx 3 weeks all sold...and please feel free to convert in US$ or Euro...to see the price level...
http://www.unknown-people.co.kr/product/list.html?cate_no=344
Cheerio!

Last edited: