• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New A-2 Contracts Coming to Headwind Mfg Co

Skyhawk

Announcing new A-2 jackets From Headwind!

Coming in the near future we will be releasing 3 new A-2 jackets.

#1 Already announced previously is our version of the Security Aviation Togs 32-485 contract. We have made up some nice labels that are also used on the Aviatrix jacket.

Sat-Final.jpg

#2 A House A-2 version planned to be an economy option. Details are being worked out.

#3 The Knopf 42-18246P (No Name) A rare and unique contract. Our version is being patterned off this size 44 Original- Luckily it is all original, even the knits:
P1030010.JPG

P1030045.JPGP1030046.JPGP1030047.JPGP1030043.JPG

Timeframe is unknown besides "Sometime in the winter." This will be dependent on our customer queue and other factors like labels and material supplies.

All the best,
Jay

mulceber

That’s awesome! It’s great to see a couple of the more off-the-beaten-path contracts get reproductions. What leather(s) are you planning for these offerings?

ausreenactor

SAT label looks great. I shot JC a pic of my BR one for his development back in the day.

You have the label, you have the repro!

Skyhawk

We have some great Steerhide and Horsehide options. We have dark russet, light russet, and seal Horsehide and Steerhide. We are working on a antique Horsehide we have dubbed "Combat Tour" Horsehide. It is a dark russet or "chocolate" brown. Really cool stuff. It is 1.1-1.2 mm and is pigment dyed, chrome tanned with a very light topcoat. It won't have surface sanding or chipping, but should be a real quick one to break in and get some character. It has some SERIOUS graining on it which looks like some of the well worn in "Combat Tour" jackets I have seen. Thus the name. More to come...

I think it may go really well on the Knopf Repro:
P1030043.JPG

Skyhawk

SAT label looks great. I shot JC a pic of my BR one for his development back in the day.

You have the label, you have the repro!

Thanks! That label took like 30 edits, 3 months and several migraines.:)

Yeah both Buzz and JC did great repros of the label. I had some images of the original that I used. There's a few examples in books as well and I think JC consulted those too.

It's actually a pretty challenging and complex label to make.

Regards,
Jay

Brettafett

My first GW was the The Knopf 42-18246P (No Name). It was a great jacket, very comfy and easy to wear, did not appear or feel blousy. I let it go because the sleeves felt too short for me ;(

Bombing IP

#2 A House A-2 version planned to be an economy option. Details are being worked out.

NOW THAT WOULD INTEREST ME,
Jeff

mulceber

Well, if you do, I’ll hurry to get in line.

And if you don’t, I’ll still be getting in line, just maybe not hurrying as much.

Last edited:

Pilot

Very nice project!
Will you use NOS hardware ( zipper, fasteners, hooks etc...) or Talon and United Carr repros?
Thx and congrats

Last edited: