• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New A-11 Auto

MaydayWei

Who buys a Rolex for accuracy ? :D
If you have an accurate Rolex then it’s a fake with a quartz movement.
They are simply things of beauty. And when i got mine in 1982, they did not require you to sell your kids organs to fund the purchase like they do if you were late to the party.
View attachment 47731

Enjoy that beauty! I see you've worn it well and good; as it was meant to be done.
I'm late to the game, and I'm kind of okay with it; better for my wallet's general health anyways. ;)

stanier

Looks pretty good.

There was a start up on Facebook reproducing the A-11. Not sure where they were pricing them? Reproduction packaging as well!

This is worth looking at. Thanks for the post!
Timeworn watches. Quite a bit of fanfare back in the spring on FB and a new website, and now silence. In two minds now whether to get one of these or keep waiting? Decisions, decisions...

sammy

No I dont mind you asking at all. That said I'm afraid I just don't recall if it was taxed or not and I'm not in a position to check right now sorry.
As most things get stung I would imagine that did too.
Thanks for letting me know, yes I’m sure it would get hit with import duties.

Ed Rooney

My issue with Rolex now is that I don't care to wear $10K worth of anything in public. Yours is worth plenty more than $10K!

As far as accuracy is concerned, it is accurate enough ;)

Who buys a Rolex for accuracy ? :D
If you have an accurate Rolex then it’s a fake with a quartz movement.
They are simply things of beauty. And when i got mine in 1982, they did not require you to sell your kids organs to fund the purchase like they do if you were late to the party.
View attachment 47731

Officer Dibley

For me the value is sentimental. It was my 18th birthday present from my parents in 1981 and cost them £350.
It was my everyday wearer wherever in the world i worked & i’ve only recently semi-retired it.

Dave

Officer Dibley

Here it is ....38mm

CAEF9C9A-4C6B-4D73-A5D1-0B540091A782.jpeg
C399B213-8FD8-4555-A1FD-6EB471FF7394.jpeg
234BDB5F-C655-4AAE-9670-4B29946F4BAB.jpeg