• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New 2019 Buzz Rickson Type A-11 Repro Watch

Officer Dibley

Spare cash shouldn’t be a prob if you still have your gmt from 81, in terms of price paid then and what there being sold for now...I’d imagine it to have a great vintage look and would like to see a pic if poss ...I’m a fan

Can’t sell it Art. It was my 18th b’day present from my parents. Cost them £350 back then. Main reason for retiring it is its’ current value. Before this year it was my daily wearer.
Enjoy the pic
03ADA1B8-32A7-47B9-A4AC-F9C91734025B.jpeg

Pilot

Can’t sell it Art. It was my 18th b’day present from my parents. Cost them £350 back then. Main reason for retiring it is its’ current value. Before this year it was my daily wearer.
Enjoy the pic
View attachment 25507
According to my experience, this type and with this year of manufacture ... nowadays it fetches the price of a small BWM.... congrats...
Investing in originals and quality always pays off.

Last edited:

Saint-ex

If the watch is fully stock with all original parts and the steel bracelet too, price could approach the 20K€.

It's a really nice watch, I prefer it to all new greneration GMT Master which are more ostentatious.

Pilot

Sorry if I chime in and if it sounds a bit Snobby. No intention...
in 2017 my son and myself ordered two ( one each) Roly Daytona’s steel steel.
We only paid a deposit of 1000,—Euro each. Official Roly price tag each 11.000 Euro. in 2017. Delivery in 2021 .... Balance ( of 10K Euro each ) to be paid at delivery in 2021....we ordered it as an investment.

Nowadays price tag second handed in pristine condition immediate delivery from dealers ( even with waitlisting since very demanded ) 14 to 18 K Euro...depending on year of manufacture, state/condition LC N# etc.

Apologies, if it sounds super Snobby... just wanted to defend the „ quality and „its worth it .... argumentation „„...
Plus if we want to sell our contracts, we have offers/buyers waiting ....at a hefty profit ... already...

Last edited:

MikeyB-17

Funnily enough on David Dickheadson’s Real Deal today (UK antiques programme), a chap had a lovely, albeit beat up, 1967 Pepsi GMT Master, which he bought new for £85 or thereabouts. Still had original receipt, paperwork etc. Dealer offered him £1100 which he rightly declined, but he went to auction and only got £3000, which surprised me.
I saw a Sub for £600 many years ago, wish I’d had the money.

Garylafortuna

Officer Dibley, you do have exquisite taste in timepieces. My GMT Master has been on my wrist non stop, except for periods of servicing, since 1971, at which time the price was $400.00. The watch has seen three or four watch bands and as many crystals, and has been serviced every five years or so. How we become attached to these mechanical wonders. My only regret is that it is not the eighteen carat gold model.

Pilot

Nice to read all the 60’s and 70’s stories, but we are in 2019...and things/values have changed ( for some not to the best )...so the costs...for all...not only watches... ;).