• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New 2019 Buzz Rickson Type A-11 Repro Watch

Pilot

What is the "pocket watch " Brice ?
One may think or believe what he wants, but the finest WWII watches by all means are the ones issued by the Germans...
Unbeatable... especially the Minerva, Zenith, Hanhart and Glashütte Chronos, B-watches from IWC or LACO.. DH watches from Longines, Zenith, Glycine, Minerva etc. Not all made in Germany, mostly Swiss made and traded via an Embassy here and there ( Spain, Portugal, Vatican etc...).
Unbeatable by all means and best investment ( if considered)

Last edited:

Carl

One may think or believe what he wants, but the finest WWII watches by all means are the ones issued by the Germans...
Unbeatable... especially the Minerva, Zenith, Hanhart and Glashütte Chronos, B-watches from IWC or LACO.. DH watches from Longines, Zenith, Glycine, Minerva etc.
Unbeatable by all means and best investment ( if considered)
Always good to know this kind of information Bruce !

Pilot

Is the A11 that BR used for a copy , actually correct ? As we know , many if these "minty" A11's are actually "Frankenstein" watches !
1) BR... not 100% correct ( as for most of its jackets)
2) yes ! crapola-bay and others.. offers a lot of Frankensteins...
Watches is a special field...can be rewarding but also a mine-field..

Carl

@EmergencyIan , I dont know if the member is still active on here , but if so could you please chime in as I know you have an interest in these .
Carl

Edward

I'm no A11 expert and have to rely on those who are , so I hope someone will chime in here , but wasnt that particular contract A11 a "WHITE" face ? @Edward your same contract A11 is a "white" face is it not ?? ;) .
Indeed the Ord.No. W535ac-18210 Of Spec.No. 94-27834 Is the white dial

Pilot

Indeed the Ord.No. W535ac-18210 Of Spec.No. 94-27834 Is the white dial
Not an easy find. ( not mine... photos from a watch forum ).
D9C84E0D-B825-44E7-BE6B-D46B932F9C44.jpeg
B70831DB-5D93-48BA-B409-C9D732C7856C.jpeg

Last edited:

Edward

Congrats...thats a 1200 Euro++ watch nowadays.. Wow!

I have had a couple people make offers. lol! one guy at a WWII forum private messaged me over a dozen times circling me like a shark in bloody waters testing my resolve. lol! it got to the point where he was bugging me and overstaying his welcome and it got annoying when I would get another message from him making sure to keep him in mind when I was ready to sell. I finally told him it would be a considerable amount of time before I did and by that time it would probably be worth $1500 lol!

Edward

Congrats!
Thats a 1400 Euro watch in this condition and state! WOW!
I have seen a couple available from a reputable collector/dealer and he wants $1000.00 US and they aren't even close to being in as nice condition physically. I have scanned a number of watch forums and have yet to find one in the condition as mine. I'm guessing whoever owned this one remained stateside and just took extra good care of it. out of my entire collection of AAF items this is the one I will be the most sad to see go when the day comes. otherwise I have it listed in my inventory with potential value so my kids know what price they should sell it for. :D

Pilot

I have seen a couple available from a reputable collector/dealer and he wants $1000.00 US and they aren't even close to being in as nice condition physically. I have scanned a number of watch forums and have yet to find one in the condition as mine. I'm guessing whoever owned this one remained stateside and just took extra good care of it. out of my entire collection of AAF items this is the one I will be the most sad to see go when the day comes. otherwise I have it listed in my inventory with potential value so my kids know what price they should sell it for. :D
1000% in line with that...

Geeboo

post #15 & #20
What a nice collection !
It is a pity that its size is too small in today's standard. IMO, 36mm a minimum with the best size to me is 38mm [below: 33mm,38mm,47mm,55mm]
DSCF0870.JPG

Last edited: