• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New ‘Tea Core’ HH from Ken at Aero

B-Man2

Hi Cabby
I think those may be tough questions for one person to answer, as one would have to have access to all of those different types of leather samples or jackets made from them.
Unless someone has some experience with all of those jackets , I don’t think even Ken could answer questions about leathers that Aero doesn’t carry or utilize in the making of their jackets .

B-Man2

Stuart
My deepest apologies . I never intended to cause you to delete your post . Please don’t ever think that my posts are always the final word on any subject . My sincere apologies if you deleted your post based on my response . Regards
Burt

London Cabbie

Stuart
My deepest apologies . I never intended to cause you to delete your post . Please don’t ever think that my posts are always the final word on any subject . My sincere apologies if you deleted your post based on my response . Regards
Burt
Not at all, Burt.

Ken at Aero Leather

While I'm not familiar with some of these leathers (I've never handled War Horse for instancce) I can update on Aero's A-2 leathers

We will no longer be offering Jerky as part of the "Real Deal", we've had the tannery work harder on getting more grain and the plan is to cut top grade A-2s from the really grainy areas and use up any left over smooth parts in "Quartermasters" A-2s, we'll probably use Battered Horse for the Real Deals

Meanwhile, we are working with a new tannery to develop an "all new" Tea Core Horsehide, the initial samples skins are very exciting, especially as, as far as we know, they've never worked with Horsehide before. The skins are great to work with, amazing reddish tones showing through under the seal top coat, we've got two W535-ac-16160 currently in make nearing completion, correct labels, correct size tags, zipper, rust lining etc These will be available to order within the next fortnight
The leather is incredible, I'll try to get better pics up in the next day or two, these really don't do the leather justice

Tea Core Horse.JPG
Tea Core Horse (2).JPG
Tea Core Horse (2).JPG

Last edited:

London Cabbie

While I'm not familiar with some of these leathers (I've never handled War Horse for instancce) I can update on Aero's A-2 leathers

We will no longer be offering Jerky as part of the "Real Deal", we've had the tannery work harder on getting more grain and the plan is to cut top grade A-2s from the really grainy areas and use up any left over smooth parts in "Quartermasters" A-2s, we'll probably use Battered Horse for the Real Deals

Meanwhile, we are working with a new tannery to develop an "all new" Tea Core Horsehide, the initial samples skins are very exciting, especially as, as far as we know, they've never worked with Horsehide before. The skins are great to work with, amazing reddish tones showing through under the seal top coat, we've got two W535-ac-16160 currently in make nearing completion, correct labels, correct size tags, zipper, rust lining etc These will be available to order within the next fortnight
The leather is incredible, I'll try to get better pics up in the next day or two, these really don't do the leather justice

View attachment 46342View attachment 46344View attachment 46344
Exciting...