• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

need little help with this A-2

silvio76

Few days ago my friend bought A-2 jacket on ebay, Rough Wear 18091. It is nice jacket, but i do not know who is the manufacturer. I think it is chinese, but i am not sure.
This is a picture of label.
s-l1600.jpg

Technonut2112

Last edited:

silvio76

silvio76

It is from a Chinese company. I've seen their jackets listed on AliExpress and TaoBao from time to time, but do not have any further info on the company.

EDIT: Here's a link to a no longer available B-10 of theirs on AliExpress:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/RTW...itary-USAAF-Mens-Winter-Wool/32861567148.html

EDIT: I managed to find the RTWB shop on TaoBao:

https://shop60546433.world.taobao.com/?spm=2013.1.1000126.2.M7Fr2l
Thought it is cheaper. This jacket cost 400€ without shipping, VAT and custom. J. A. Dubow is much better option.

Technonut2112

From my constant global search for the best jacket deals, I've found that like practically everywhere, good quality costs $$, even in China. There was another Chinese company who appeared to have outstanding quality jackets at great prices (Pirates), but after I learned to decipher the TaoBao seller ratings, found that they're more than likely a rip-off. RTWB appears to have great ratings, and a good company.

Platon's Dubow still holds the title of absolute best quality / price actual contract A-2 repro in HH currently available IMO.. My seal has quickly become my favorite A-2, even over my GW RW 27752, and Cable Raincoat A-2's. The Dubow's Italian HH is breaking-in superbly, and has loads of character already..

silvio76

From my constant global search for the best jacket deals, I've found that like practically everywhere, good quality costs $$, even in China. There was another Chinese company who appeared to have outstanding quality jackets at great prices (Pirates), but after I learned to decipher the TaoBao seller ratings, found that they're more than likely a rip-off. RTWB appears to have great ratings, and a good company.

Platon's Dubow still holds the title of absolute best quality / price actual contract A-2 repro in HH currently available IMO.. My seal has quickly become my favorite A-2, even over my GW RW 27752, and Cable Raincoat A-2's. The Dubow's Italian HH is breaking-in superbly, and has loads of character already..
Agree with you, quality costs. I think this jacket, new one, is too expensive. For 50€ more, i can buy Dubow jacket made of horsehide, and this one is made of goatskin, thick one, 1,6 mm. Goatskin is much cheaper than horsehide and labor costs are lower in China than Greece. So, for me, Dubow has best ratio between quality and cost.

Last edited: