• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NEED HELP with talon zip

ECKHARTUS

Hi,
I need your help. The zip of my b3 broke itself. Is it repairable?
It is about a quite small part which broke itself on the abutment.
I am saddened because it is really the good period to wear it. :cry:
thanks for yours helps,
Regards
102_5122.JPG

Falcon_52

Bad luck for sure. Do you still have the small piece that broke off? If you do, you could try a 2-part epoxy to glue it back together. In the U.S. we have a product called J.B. Weld - it's a metalized epoxy that I've used many times to repair broken metal. There may be a similar product in France that you can find.

If that's not an option, that piece can probably be replaced by prying off the old stopper box and crimping a new one on with a pliers.

Best of luck!

Noel

ECKHARTUS

Thank you very much for your message, Noel. Your help is very appreciated. I eventually found the small missing end and I followed your advice by using a special putty(mastic) for the metal. I do not know i it is going to work. I also found a old zip talon broken but with the intact abutment. But I do not how see removing the abutment broken without tearing the lining.
Sorry for my poor english :oops: