• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help in determining the zipper manufacturer

Flightengineer

Guys, on one of the G-1 I saw this replaced zipper.
The jacket of the mid-60s contract ( 7823D(WEP)) and originally it has brass Scovill zip.
And was replaced by this.

Does anyone know the manufacturer of this zipper?
Does it belong to the 60th?
I am trying to understand whether the replacement was made when the jacket was in servise or much later.
Thanks in advance.

Pilot

IMHO, not original to the jacket and not military...
You can see the replacement due to the open stitching holes next to the actual stitches.
I would change it to a Scovill, Talon or Conmar ( see MASH) from the 60ies.

Flightengineer

IMHO, not original to the jacket and not military...
You can see the replacement due to the open stitching holes next to the actual stitches.
I would change it to a Scovill, Talon or Conmar ( see MASH) from the 60ies.

Hi Brice.
You read inattentively :).
What you wrote I know, yes certainly I know well that these zippers were not used on contract jackets by manufacturers. I also know that this is a replacement, which I also wrote about.
My question is different.
Who is the manufacturer and what period this change can was made.

Pilot

Hi Brice.
You read inattentively :).
What you wrote I know, yes certainly I know well that these zippers were not used on contract jackets by manufacturers. I also know that this is a replacement, which I also wrote about.
My question is different.
Who is the manufacturer and what period this change can was made.
Dmitry, I checked what I could..looks as if the zipper is not from the “usual western makers”... I have a lot of stocks of old ( WW2 to the 60ies) zippers, from flea markets from Europe, USA and Korea...nothing like that ever seen.
IMHO no period replacement and most probably ex Eastern block replacement...Maybe others may chime in...?