• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

need help A-2

mulceber

Five Star Leather's jackets (his accurate contracts are Doniger, Cable, United Sheeplined, and, soon, Dubow - the middle two contracts he has the plans for, but nobody's bought one yet). Alternately, if you watch eBay and this board's classified section, you can frequently find good deals on used high-end repros. I managed to find an Eastman A-2 in my size for a little over $300 shipped, and an Aero recently sold in VLJ's classifieds section for $300. Finally, once his business bounces back from the pandemic, Platon's Dubow is a high end repro that you can get for about $500. That's probably on the high end of your price range though.

Last edited:

ausreenactor

does anyone know of any A-2 that's good for reenacting but doesn't break the bank?

Without a doubt. Patch it, paint it and align it with your impression. Save for a good crusher from Society Brand or American Patrol? Get a repro Officer's garrison cap from WWII Impressions in the mean time. All that for under the price of a second hand 'high end' repro.

Dimitry M

Five Star Leather's jackets (his accurate contracts are Doniger, Cable, United Sheeplined, and, soon, Dubow - the middle two contracts he has the plans for, but nobody's bought one yet). Alternately, if you watch eBay and this board's classified section, you can frequently find good deals on used high-end repros. I managed to find an Eastman A-2 in my size for a little over $300 shipped, and an Aero recently sold in VLJ's classifieds section for $300. Finally, once his business bounces back from the pandemic, Platon's Dubow is a high end repro that you can get for about $500. That's probably on the high end of your price range though.
what is the closest to an original around $300?