• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need clear/detail image/colors Hap Arnold Alaska B-10 emblem

EMBLEMHUNTER

Re: Need clear/detail image/colors Hap Arnold Alaska B-10 em

Hey Stu, after bopping around the net some checking out "Totem" pole designs, I've noticed that some specific tribes have a similar "color" style they use overall on most of the "faces" like the one you posted of the black/red/white bird, it appears the lips and nostril areas of most were "red" , the eyes black and white , and some the "Brows" are black like the bird on the image I'm working on .

I wish I knew what the bottom "face" represented, a man or another animal, the bird at top with raised wings I believe to be either a Raven or Crow ,more research to do for sure , I have also put out some notes to some people in Alaska that may have something hopefully, one an air museum and the other an USAF member who knows some 11th AF people ...............................

Will keep all advised if things progress in a good way , thanks again to all that have helped so far , all the best !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Johnny

Oops , forgot to mention I "think" it may be of the " Tlingit" tribe or there abouts in the design origin it depicts .......................

shedonwanna

EMBLEMHUNTER said:
Hey Stu, after bopping around the net some checking out "Totem" pole designs, I've noticed that some specific tribes have a similar "color" style they use overall on most of the "faces" like the one you posted of the black/red/white bird, it appears the lips and nostril areas of most were "red" , the eyes black and white , and some the "Brows" are black like the bird on the image I'm working on .

I wish I knew what the bottom "face" represented, a man or another animal, the bird at top with raised wings I believe to be either a Raven or Crow ,more research to do for sure , I have also put out some notes to some people in Alaska that may have something hopefully, one an air museum and the other an USAF member who knows some 11th AF people ...............................

Will keep all advised if things progress in a good way , thanks again to all that have helped so far , all the best !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Johnny

Oops , forgot to mention I "think" it may be of the " Tlingit" tribe or there abouts in the design origin it depicts .......................

Search "Northwest formline art" to get some ideas on meanings and descriptions. Alaska has been a lifelong vacation destination for my family.

EMBLEMHUNTER

shedonwanna said:
EMBLEMHUNTER said:

Johnny

Search "Northwest formline art" to get some ideas on meanings and descriptions. Alaska has been a lifelong vacation destination for my family.
Thanks, I'll give it a look see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EMBLEMHUNTER

Some good news to report on the Hap Arnold B-10 mission patch/emblem, I got a nice color scan of a piece of aircraft canvas/cloth with the basic emblem shown on it, but a few small problems still exist with even this great piece , the design is that used on the aircraft which has the Alaska State shape on it rather than the round bordered background like their patches .

But the good part is I now have at least 75% of the problem solved seeing as the Crow/Bird atop totem pole design is fully colored , there's a few small variations on the lines in the faces of the totem but overall between this and the black and white photo I have I can get most of the design worked out , the only nagging final piece to this "Puzzle" is the background colors to the emblem , I'm still leaning towards the AAF blue and Yellow seeing as the aircraft were of this color and the photo I have seems to match up on all the others now that I have the color image to compare it to the B&W one ..........................

I have quite a few e mail inquiries that I've sent out that are still "pending" as they say so hopefully this will soon be totally nailed down , will keep all informed about any further developments !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Johnny

EMBLEMHUNTER

Have had some good replies over on the ArmyAirForces.com site about this emblem search in case anyone wants to see the various images posted there , there's some I've never seen before , plus the color aircraft canvas/cloth too .....................

Look under Forum help ....................

oose

image hosting free no registration
Hi,

Just thought I'd post your image here, great you found at least something in colour, I still believe that the background of the patch was the same as colour as the map of Alaska, nothing so far would indicate a blue colour to me, good luck in your search I feel you are getting somewhere!

All the best
Stu

Vcruiser

EMBLEMHUNTER said:
Have had some good replies over on the ArmyAirForces.com site about this emblem search in case anyone wants to see the various images posted there , there's some I've never seen before , plus the color aircraft canvas/cloth too .....................

Look under Forum help ....................

You're really hurting yourself by not being able to post pics here...or sometimes live links.

a2jacketpatches

oose, I saw your rendition with a green back ground, I guess that's a possibility as the value of the color is relative to the obvious brown A2. I agree that there's nothing to suggest it's blue, but plenty to determine that it's not bright yellow. Very clear in this photo that it could be just about any color but. If the arrows are yellow that's another indication. Frequently the back ground color fields on patches are a different color than the original design. It just may be the dyed brown color of the leather very similar to the A2 color. and the ring is yellow. Actually, I think that's my story now and I'm sticking to it, actually makes sense considering all of the photographic evidence.

EMBLEMHUNTER

I have been told the arrows were either gray or possibly white , the photos I've seen of this emblem on the jacket and aircraft are confusing , one shot they both look light color and another both look a dark color as to patch and aircraft emblem , but seeing the one photo of hap that A-2 mentions makes me still lean towards a Blue or some dark color still .......................

As to posting images , if I knew how to I would do so , I have no one to show me one on one how to do this , I can learn it seeing it one on one , not good at online teaching ...............................

As long as you can find what I'm talking about what's the big deal............. too many people want things too fast now days, that's half the fun of finding things when you do a little digging around ...................

EMBLEMHUNTER

Well , the jury is still "out" as to the background colors to the "Hap" patch , some of the inquiries I sent out are still pending , so if anyone of the forum has any leads we haven't tried please go for it , thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EMBLEMHUNTER

Still loooooooooking ..................................