• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Navy Leather Submarine(?) Jacket

tda003

I'm not sure if this is the place for this, but redirect me if needed.

I watched the movie (Torpedo Run" With Glen Ford and Ernest Borgnine. Borgnine was the exec, a mustang (former enlisted) officer. In the movie, he is shown numerous time in a leather jacket. The jacket had a knit collar and buttoned up.. Not sure about the cuffs (knit or not). I'm trying to ID this jacket. Since the character came up through the hawsepipe, It likely means that the jacket could be from WWI onwards. No other character, officer or enlisted, in the film wears a jacket like this which likely means that it's pre-WWII.

I'd like to identify it. Any thoughts?

jerome35

Been discussed times ago here:

tda003

Thank you for the info. That explains why search for a Navy non flying jacket were fruitless. I thought that it looked like a flight jacket, but didn't figure that a mustang submarine officer would have access to a flight jack, so overlooked it in my search. Again, thanks.