• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NAVY jackets

Thomas Koehle

Just a Collection of piccies of assorted USN jackets i found on the WWW

hDadga6.jpg

"nose art" on what seems to me a early "Shawl collar denim jacket" - probably taken at the preps for the D-Day

mqsXAWE.jpg

2 sailors having a break enjoying a "mug o beer" - the one in the Background with a leather jacket (pockets indicate it might be a M422) - the one in the foreground with the zipped, short deckjacket in blue with stencils on his left chest

DoSHrDP.jpg

some fellas with an assortment of leather-gear (think this "shot" was probably already shown on the Forum????)

LH1CDO5.jpg

another 2 guys which seem to freeze their a..es off painting Mission-marks on a plane (definately no PBY) - seems both wear the same short deck-jacket with one stencilled and the other one plaine - also one of them is wearing the fool-weather deck-helmet (anyone interested i got plenty of them for sale)

4gz3B2e.jpg

for me so far one of the most interesting as it Shows a corpsman/medic wearing what seems a M422 to me with a nice redcross-patch with some Kind of comic-character on his chest along what Looks to be a nametag on his left chest - no more Details available to this one

Hope you enjoy and maybe someone has more Details off the individual pics

Thomas

Skyhawk

That Corpsman is wearing fire gloves and hood. Looks like he is on fire / crash watch for flight operations. I believe they also had the an early version of the big Fahrenheit suits at the time. Interesting....