• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NASA Flight Jackets Replicas: Highly enjoyable stream at LUNAREPLICAS

B-Man2

I like it!:D
Very nice.... please do show us more when you have time.
Still trying to figure out the differences between a Type 1 vs Type 2 jacket.

Last edited:

dav3469

Got me Luna Type-2 in blue. Fellas - if you're even remotely interested in getting one, do.
Max is helpful - even with new baby on board - and always willing to answer a question.
I was gone a few days this week and the jacket arrived while I was gone. Just got it open last night, so the pictures are iffy, but I'll get better later. It's hard to get excited when it's so hot, let alone do a photo-shoot...and I've not had a haircut since January!!!

Fit pics later. But I am a 48 as many of you know and the 48 is a perfect fit! The last pic (these reversed order ugh) is the beginning and the jacket was inside of this, then covered in clear plastic. Nicely done from the minute you open the box - an appropriate box with no center flap as to encourage a bad cut which destroys your new jacket...

Enjoy, and support a small business if you're into the NASA stuff like I am!
*PS - my wife loves this jacket!

View attachment 40968View attachment 40969View attachment 40970View attachment 40971View attachment 40972View attachment 40973View attachment 40974

Butte,

I too generally run a “48” and was wondering your view on fit. For example my gibson and barnes G1 is great at 48, but i went for a 50 in my Aero Highwayman and ELC B10. But yet I can still wear the stock issue CWU winter thats “XL” if not a bit snug. In my case the 50’s were due to worry they would be tight in the shoulders. Does the 48 seem roomy? I would hate to get the 50 and be in a bag.

ButteMT61

Butte,

I too generally run a “48” and was wondering your view on fit. For example my gibson and barnes G1 is great at 48, but i went for a 50 in my Aero Highwayman and ELC B10. But yet I can still wear the stock issue CWU winter thats “XL” if not a bit snug. In my case the 50’s were due to worry they would be tight in the shoulders. Does the 48 seem roomy? I would hate to get the 50 and be in a bag.
@dav3469 - I have a couple CWU/45 in XL as well. A tad short more than small, but likely a XXL would be too large. The Luna 48 is about as spot-on as I could hope for in an off the rack jacket. The 48 Luna fits better for sure than the CWU/45 does, FWIW. I have only tried on the Luna with a T-Shirt, but I could don a sweatshirt today and try it if you like. I am guessing it will be OK. I'll post back later today mate.

shedonwanna

I purchased the "type 3" in a 46 (xl) and it fits a little snug but have room to move. Could probably wear with a sweatshirt but not a thick sweater. I'm over six feet and 220 lbs. (yes, i could lose a little weight) and a 48 (xxl) may have been a little too large in the shoulders. I own gibson & barnes WEP and Sentinel jackets in 48 and they fit a little bigger than i like. I may get a Luna "type 2" in 48 and add some extra patches.

l2bf.jpg
l2bs.jpg

ButteMT61

Thanks for the responses! I think 50 would be too big. Will try the 48!
Sorry, wife and I took off for a couple days and I forgot about this. Put on a heavy waffle henley and it's plenty fine with the Type 2. All my winter stuff is in the attic so that was the best I could do, but it was fine and I think a real sweatshirt would likewise be fine. Can't wait to wear this jacket!

CBI

no time for good pics or detailed analysis but my first new jacket in quite some time. Absolutely love int, totally recommend it. One of the rare occasion where a jacket EXCEEDED my expectations. Possibly my favorite jacket purchase in recent years. Its one of the few high waisted jackets that seems to fit me. There's lot of room in the back of the jacket so it tends to have less poof in the front. I guess the arms might look a bit long in these pics but practically speaking when extending them, its perfect. Been wearing around the house. The classic light blue versions are really THE classic NASA jackets but as far as a wearer, I preferred this gold (Apollo 17 through Skylab). This is the nylon lined version not the more cold weather option. Also bought a NASA PT T-shirt which I totally recommend. the me wearing pics are a more realistic color depiction - nice gold/yellow-ish

IMG_0248.jpg
IMG_0250.jpg
IMG_0249.jpg
IMG_0251.jpg

Last edited:

B-Man2

Didn’t think I would like the gold colored one but you’ve completely changed my mind . Looks great with jeans and you nailed the fit . Congrats !

ausreenactor

no time for good pics or detailed analysis but my first new jacket in quite some time. Absolutely love int, totally recommend it. One of the rare occasion where a jacket EXCEEDED my expectations. Possibly my favorite jacket purchase in recent years. Its one of the few high waisted jackets that seems to fit me. There's lot of room in the back of the jacket so it tends to have less poof in the front. I guess the arms might look a bit long in these pics but practically speaking when extending them, its perfect. Been wearing around the house. The classic light blue versions are really THE classic NASA jackets but as far as a wearer, I preferred this gold (Apollo 17 through Skylab). This is the nylon lined version not the more cold weather option. Also bought a NASA PT T-shirt which I totally recommend. the me wearing pics are a more realistic color depiction - nice gold/yellow-ish

View attachment 53039View attachment 53040View attachment 53041View attachment 53042
Looks great. The new jacket is not the coolest thing in that room though! Is that Velcro in need of a tag?

CBI

thanks all - really like it. Thought the gold would look better than the classic baby blue with jeans which is what I usually wear. Yes, velcro for a name tag. I think I am going to wait on that. I was thinking if/whne the jacket gets a worn in look, I could make a tag with letters just barely visible like an old worn out name plate. No wings just a name and MCS NASA below it. But I am good for now. I will have to past new pics of the office space. Lots of new stuff.

foster

Just remember the later Apollo missions were the ones with the lunar ‘dune buggy’ which I’ve always thought looked cool. Nice looking jacket and thanks for sharing!

B-Man2

I wonder what happened to the son of the tailor who created this jacket . He was here for a while and was an interesting guy . Shared stories with us about his younger days when his dad made flight uniforms and jackets for NASA at night, in his basement tailor shop and worked at a clothing plant during the day time . Some great stories about how dad made flight suits for some very famous astronauts. Hate to lose contact with a guy like that .

LunaReplicas

Hey everyone, Max from Luna Replicas checking in now, a year later. I hope your are all still enjoying your flight jackets! We're looking at expanding into G-1 leather jackets possibly later in 2022 and wanted to see if anyone would be interested in the 1950s-60s cut style G1, like what JFK himself wore.

Also, we're doing custom leather nametags now, made by hand on real 1/8" thick vegetable tanned, black dyed, raw edge leather.

Much more coming this year! Feel free to reach out with any suggestions: [email protected]

All the best,

-Max

dav3469

Hey everyone, Max from Luna Replicas checking in now, a year later. I hope your are all still enjoying your flight jackets! We're looking at expanding into G-1 leather jackets possibly later in 2022 and wanted to see if anyone would be interested in the 1950s-60s cut style G1, like what JFK himself wore.

Also, we're doing custom leather nametags now, made by hand on real 1/8" thick vegetable tanned, black dyed, raw edge leather.

Much more coming this year! Feel free to reach out with any suggestions: [email protected]

All the best,

-Max

As a satisfied owner of one of your great Al Worden editions, as well as your custom name tags, I for one would be very interested in what you could do G1 wise

Pilot

Terrific and very well made jackets/ products…
A pitty they need the „ Luna replica“ in the label.
Other than that… close to perfect .

CBI

Max - I too love your jackets but getting into G-1 territory is going to be a lot more competitive. There are still loads of used original G-1's around that can be found and purchased at reasonable prices. Best of luck with this.