• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NASA Flight Jackets Replicas: Highly enjoyable stream at LUNAREPLICAS

ButteMT61

But, Butte, I derive from your report, .., you win, right?! Audio maybe beats jacket, jacket definitely beats nothing. You're doing good!
But, Butte, I derive from your report, .., you win, right?! Audio maybe beats jacket, jacket definitely beats nothing. You're doing good!
Totally. It flies under the "must report to boss" amount... :p

Monsoon

I hear your brillo pads and raise you a broken zipper. You can see it in the picture. I still have all the parts and will mend it. I don't mind the colour as much. But the thing that really annoys me is the applied lettering in the back. It does come off in higher temperatures and stains. Really odd, not a favourite of mine, the lettering. Patches are cool, the name tag says: Wild Jerry. Fitting, likely, as I am a German and the most boring guy around... happy Easter, all!

I have a BR MA-1 and had the zipper do the same thing.

I don't have the Northrop patched red MA-1, but the plan one.

Wholenineyards

I have a BR MA-1 and had the zipper do the same thing.

I don't have the Northrop patched red MA-1, but the plan one.
Enjoy it anyways, zipper state of development in 40s and 50s must have been prone to failure often. I just had an AN-J-4 zipper repaired at Eastmanleather. Chin up! Wear red!:)

Monsoon

E8C08C15-C7DD-408A-B3B7-BC488AFB6AF9.jpeg

ButteMT61

Looks awesome, @Monsoon !!! How is the sizing? ie, true to size, or larger/smaller?
I see you also opted for the new leather tags! Well done.

ButteMT61

I'm debating getting my name vs a homage to a real astronaut. I can order jacket and decide later I guess...
I feel like using my name is posing vs obvious homage to a real hero???

B-Man2

Surprising nice fit and looks real good. Please do tell us about the sizing . Is it to spec or do they run large or small?
Thanks for the photo

Monsoon

The sizing seems to be good to go. I’m around a 45 so I ordered a 46 and it fits as I wanted it to; not too tight or two loose.

LunaReplicas

Hey everyone, Max from Luna Replicas here.

I'm so glad we've been able to create something everyone seems to like. We tried to match the originals as close as possible and I'm very proud of how close we got. We're doing this so we call all feel a little closer to the history, and look great doing it. From several conversations with Apollo program veterans, we seem to be making an impact: 9 Apollo astronauts and 4 Apollo mission controllers are wearing Luna Replicas jackets now.

Currently we're stalled on the gold Type 3 and the Al Worden signature edition Type 1A jackets, but I'm certain you will all like those once we have them on the shelf too.

During quarantine we're still working on projects that are done by small and home shops, as well as making non-medical masks in our main contract sewing shop. We're also doing custom leather nametags for those that are interested. Currently we have dies for every type of Astronaut wings, but will also be doing military wings shortly as well.

Please feel free to check out our website and ask any questions or suggestions directly to me at [email protected]. We mainly post updates and announcements on Facebook and Instagram, so hope to see you there!

All the best and stay safe!

-Max
Owner
Luna Replicas LLC

Monsoon

Thanks for stopping by, Max. Great jacket and I'm really liking it alot. Even if my wife still kids me it reminds her of a "Maytag repairman's jacket".

I'll keep a look out for the Gold Type 3.

ButteMT61

Got me Luna Type-2 in blue. Fellas - if you're even remotely interested in getting one, do.
Max is helpful - even with new baby on board - and always willing to answer a question.
I was gone a few days this week and the jacket arrived while I was gone. Just got it open last night, so the pictures are iffy, but I'll get better later. It's hard to get excited when it's so hot, let alone do a photo-shoot...and I've not had a haircut since January!!!

Fit pics later. But I am a 48 as many of you know and the 48 is a perfect fit! The last pic (these reversed order ugh) is the beginning and the jacket was inside of this, then covered in clear plastic. Nicely done from the minute you open the box - an appropriate box with no center flap as to encourage a bad cut which destroys your new jacket...

Enjoy, and support a small business if you're into the NASA stuff like I am!
*PS - my wife loves this jacket!

IMG_3446.jpegIMG_3445.jpegIMG_3444.jpegIMG_3443.jpegIMG_3442.jpegIMG_3439.jpegIMG_3438.jpeg