• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

N1 Deck Jacket Sizing - Buzz Rickson's compared with Bronson MFG

I own a Bronson deck jacket. I'm 5 ft 8 (173cm), 144 pounds (66kg) and a 36 inch chest. I originally bought Bronson's USN N1 Deck jacket in a 38 Medium but had to return it as it was too small - tight in the chest. I now own a size 40 and it fits me perfect. I'm looking to buy a Buzz Rickson's N1 and was wondering how their sizing compares with Bronson. Judging from BR's measurements on the website a 38 Medium seems to be the best fit, but I also thought this looking at Bronson's measurements before I ordered and was disappointed with it being too small after waiting over a month for it to arrive. Does anyone of a similar build to me own a BR or have any experience with the sizing of these brands? I'd appreciate some advice on BR's sizing before I go ahead with it. Thanks!

foster

Which Bronson one do you own? The website says their blue ones run a smaller size than the same marked ones in the khaki or olive drab.

AlexLutov

Which Bronson one do you own? The website says their blue ones run a smaller size than the same marked ones in the khaki or olive drab.
For example, I am interested in N-1 in blue, I also realized that they are smaller than in other colors...guys, if you have a bronson n-1 42 or 44 in blue. we need accurate measurements, thank you.

asiamiles

I own a Bronson deck jacket. I'm 5 ft 8 (173cm), 144 pounds (66kg) and a 36 inch chest. I originally bought Bronson's USN N1 Deck jacket in a 38 Medium but had to return it as it was too small - tight in the chest. I now own a size 40 and it fits me perfect. I'm looking to buy a Buzz Rickson's N1 and was wondering how their sizing compares with Bronson. Judging from BR's measurements on the website a 38 Medium seems to be the best fit, but I also thought this looking at Bronson's measurements before I ordered and was disappointed with it being too small after waiting over a month for it to arrive. Does anyone of a similar build to me own a BR or have any experience with the sizing of these brands? I'd appreciate some advice on BR's sizing before I go ahead with it.
Unlike their earlier model Deck Jackets, in my experience BR's N-1's always fit to size. I'm a 38 and their 38 was the correct size for me.

So I got the Buzz Rickson’s Navy deck jacket size 38 Medium. Like the Bronson, it’s a bit too tight at the armpits on me, and I’m a 36 inch chest. Very surprised with this, but I’m going to have to size up for a 40 large - and I usually wear size S t-shirt! There’s no way I could fit anything but a T-shirt under the BR size 38.

Last edited:

bfd70

Like to hear a final update and maybe some pics. I’m in the market for a good second hand n1 but sizing is always spotty. i’m 5’10 160.
Fwiw i’ve ordered several things from Bronson in the past. My experience has been that their tops measurements were spot on but the bottoms were waaaaaay off.

Like to hear a final update and maybe some pics. I’m in the market for a good second hand n1 but sizing is always spotty. i’m 5’10 160.
Fwiw i’ve ordered several things from Bronson in the past. My experience has been that their tops measurements were spot on but the bottoms were waaaaaay off.

if it’s the navy one you’re looking at I’d suggest a 40. Not sure if there is a sizing difference between it and the khaki, but I had to size up. I might upload some pictures when the 40 arrives.