• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

N-2A with heavy hood removed as anyone ever seen this?

bazzer

Hi been looking for fake fur trim for my new n-2a and came across this example is this a one off by someone or was this a common practice in the field?
s-l1600-1.jpg
s-l1600-2.jpg
s-l1600-3.jpg
s-l1600-4.jpg
s-l1600-5.jpg
s-l1600-6.jpg
s-l1600-7.jpg
s-l1600-9.jpg
s-l1600-8.jpg

Thank for any help
Baz

Last edited:

Smithy

Hi been looking for fake fur trim for my new n-2a and came across this example is this a one off by someone or was this a common practice in the field? View attachment 59522View attachment 59523View attachment 59525View attachment 59526View attachment 59527View attachment 59528View attachment 59529View attachment 59530View attachment 59531
Thank for any help
Baz

I've seen a couple of photos of that before. Apparently the hood was removed because it was annoying to wear and got in the way if you were wearing a bone dome.

bazzer

Ok thank you never seen it before the suit up book does not show it either
makes sense I suppose if your wesr a helmet
so it is a original modification ?
Thanks
Baz

Smithy

Ok thank you never seen it before the suit up book does not show it either
makes sense I suppose if your wesr a helmet
so it is a original modification ?
Thanks
Baz

You'd have to check Baz whether it was a period mod on that particular jacket but it was something that was done on occasion in theatre at the time.

B-Man2

Just my opinion but I think removing the hood really detracts from the overall appearance of the jacket . I’m sure it also devalues it quite a bit . I’ve never seen this done as a field conversion and would guess it to be a one off that someone thought would look good .

bazzer

Just my opinion but I think removing the hood really detracts from the overall appearance of the jacket . I’m sure it also devalues it quite a bit . I’ve never seen this done as a field conversion and would guess it to be a one off that someone thought would look good .
Yes I agree I love the apprence of the hood draped over the shoulders
Just came up on an internet search and have never seen it before
Thanks
Baz