• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

N-1 Repro alernative to Buzz

Cobblers161

Hi Folks,

With the onset of Autumn I'm hankering after an N-1 (again), I'm looking for an alternative to Buzz Ricksons largely down to both price and itchy Alpaca.

I've found this one on ebay that looks ok, not perfect but ok. I was wondering if any of you esteemed gents have seen one in the flesh.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112145581982

Any comments appreciated.

Cheers!

Cobblers161

Thanks!

Their B-10 looks a bit ropey and there are obvious flaws with the N-1 but for the price it looks ok......

Peter Graham

Funnily enough Steve, I was looking at the same jacket myself. As you say, not perfect, but OK. You buy it first and let me know what it's like !!

CBI

their B-10's are extremely short waisted - impractically so, look like the length issues is fine with the N-1

airfrogusmc

Thanks,

I picked up one of their hook deck jackets in the odds and ends section for $149 delivered last fall. The jacket was great but the hooks were terrible. The reason it was on sale they told me. I found some really good hooks and replced them and now have a GREAT jacket. If this N1 is anything at all as well made as the hook jacket you are in for a real treat.
Heres a link to my hook jacket. The N1 looks even nicer.
http://www.vintageleatherjackets.org/threads/pike-bros-n1h-hook-deck-jacket.19220/

I hope this helps. The Pike Bros folks are really good to do business with.

Peter Graham

That Pike Bros N-1 looks way too khaki. In fact they both look way too khaki. Originals were green, at least they started off green.

newenglandcliff

I’ve always like the N1 and have found a civilianized version I like even more so. These Skull Fight Californian N1’s (plain version) have the N1 details and add some great others that make it a better jacket for me. I ordered one from Japan and was surprised to find the quality is second to none, having owned Buzz, McCoy’s, Sugar Cane, Style Eyes, etc, plus all the top leather jacket makers. I ended up ordering 4 more! The Grosgrain fabric and sheep mouton seem identical to BR, though these jackets have fuller mouton collars than original N1’s, which I like. The real concessions as far as materials go (in addition to the added features) is that a synthetic lining is used (looks like alpaca but is a more comfortable “fur”, maybe acrylic) and repro zips are used. I think they’re mostly sold out but you might look into it. Here’s one of the sellers I bought from:

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/realdeal-sendai/item/10001561/

Cobblers161

I picked up a blue Buzz R N-1 in a 42 and very nice it is too, slightly fuller fit than the
Khaki in the same size.
Fit pics shortly.... bet you can't wait.

Thomas Koehle

meanwhile i drop some pics of also a blue N1 - i received her via Japan but think it was produced in China (like a lot of other garment also)

Quality of fabric is spot on with my original WW2 NOS deck bibs, the only flaw is the colour of the print on the bibs is silver and on the jacket is White - even the shape of the characters is almost 100% except edeges of the Charakters are rounded on the jacket but square / flat on the pants

size is 44 and yes it's a "real" 44

the alpaca-lining feels, Looks and is scratchy like the orignal stuff

as i already mentioned the source ain't that easy to identify coz i got the jacket via one of my pals in Japan but i think the manufacturer is located in China

there is no lable in the jacket except a reproduction of the original Labels with contract number and size

Jacket was a trade in with some german WW2 stuff due to that i'm not able to give an indication about the price