• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mysterious biker jacket

Snufkin1138

Hi there! I'm new and i registered here because i've been looking for infos about this jacket for several months. It has only a "Genuine leather" tag written with silver letters and a size and lot number tag inside one of the pockets, the leather seems to be of very good quality and it has Serval zippers. The guy who sold it to me said it came from Schott factories and was from late 60s early 70s, but can't be sure of that. If anyone here can tell me a little more I would be very happy . Thanks and good day to all! (sorry if i make some english mistake, i'm from France)

IMG_20210205_141516.jpgIMG_20210205_141608.jpgIMG_20210205_141545.jpgIMG_20210205_141717.jpgIMG_20210205_141723.jpgIMG_20210205_141812.jpg

Last edited:

Silver Surfer

I don’t think that it’s a schott, since I have never seen a “genuine leather” tag on any of their jackets. In fact, where that tag is, is where a schott tag would be. Also, I don’t remember servil zippers used on schotts. Never the less, since the snaps are not stamped with any name, 1970s is about right, and it looks rock solid. Good catch.

Bombing IP

Every one talks about a Schott like its the pinnacle of jacket makers . In my opinion there are much better makers of jackets ,I would put Schott at just average .Your jacket as Ken said is from the 70s and looks to be of much better quality . And is 100% leather Schott used PVC on the sleeve insets under the zips for what reason I do not know .

The jacket is American as are the zips here is a little about the company .

Throughout most of Shea Stadium’s existence in Flushing Meadows, Queens (except for the last couple of years, when Citifield was being constructed) a large, four-sided clock tower was visible beyond the left-field fence. This was the Serval Zipper Factory, latterly a U-Haul distributorship. The clocks, of course, stopped long ago. In their early days at Shea, fans could see a neon sign on the building saying SERVAL ZIPPERS blink on and off.

BIP