• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My USAAF set

Kermit3D

Here is my USAAF set that arrived a few days ago :
  • Type A-11 helmet manufactured in 1944 by J. G. Menihan Corporation (Specification No. 3189) in large size. It is in pretty good condition, complete. The receivers were made by The Rola Company, Inc. They are original to the helmet and were never removed nor replaced.
  • B-8 type goggles, with the original box (the name "Miller" is written on the box) and a pouch containing colored replacement screens and instructions for use.
  • A-14 oxygen mask, in average condition, the straps are cracked and fragile... does anyone know how to reinforce them ?

All this accompanied by my A-2 Dubow jacket (Bill Kelso) and my original Bulova A-11 watch.
I just have to find a mannequin to display the whole thing in my office. :)
Now I'm looking for a German "LKp N101" summer flight helmet... in case someone has one for sale. :rolleyes:

Let's see the pictures

DSC_0723.jpg

DSC_0718.jpg

DSC_0733.jpg

DSC_0727.jpg

Last edited:

Enigma1938

Nice set Kermit, but you should change the M44 Dust Goggles to proper AN6530 Goggles or something like that. The Dust Goggles was something for ground or armored Troops ;)

warguy

Very nice display there, congrats. I just bought a similar A11 helmet by the same maker but with his white and red label. The label threw me off at first but I found examples After a little research. He made both styles of the label, thre black and gold and white and red. Good looking set up there.

Kermit3D

Very nice display there, congrats. I just bought a similar A11 helmet by the same maker but with his white and red label. The label threw me off at first but I found examples After a little research. He made both styles of the label, thre black and gold and white and red. Good looking set up there.
I didn't know there were two labels.
For me who doesn't know much about A-11 flight helmets, what made me hesitate was the number of snaps to attach the oxygen mask. At first I thought it was a rare AN-H-16... but it's definitely an A-11 !

Don't hesitate to add photos of your helmet with the white label. :)

warguy

Here are a few pics of the helmet with the white and red label. I saw it two weeks ago and was thrown off by the label so I went home and researched it. I found it was correct (as is yours) and the seller I holding it for me. I pick it up Friday on my way to a show. Like yours, I think the electronics are original to the piece and it’s in great shape.

Attachments

• FF652AF3-8EE9-4C82-AF58-3963AE2FB20B.jpeg
    FF652AF3-8EE9-4C82-AF58-3963AE2FB20B.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 106
  • 10876B3C-4420-4868-AC83-A0A2304A5972.jpeg
    10876B3C-4420-4868-AC83-A0A2304A5972.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 115
  • 3723EDD3-E344-47DC-B3F3-8849D58129BC.jpeg
    3723EDD3-E344-47DC-B3F3-8849D58129BC.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 114

Pilot

Here is my USAAF set that arrived a few days ago :
  • Type A-11 helmet manufactured in 1944 by J. G. Menihan Corporation (Specification No. 3189) in large size. It is in pretty good condition, complete. The receivers were made by The Rola Company, Inc. They are original to the helmet and were never removed nor replaced.
  • B-8 type goggles, with the original box (the name "Miller" is written on the box) and a pouch containing colored replacement screens and instructions for use.
  • A-14 oxygen mask, in average condition, the straps are cracked and fragile... does anyone know how to reinforce them ?

All this accompanied by my A-2 Dubow jacket (Bill Kelso) and my original Bulova A-11 watch.
I just have to find a mannequin to display the whole thing in my office. :)
Now I'm looking for a German "LKp N101" summer flight helmet... in case someone has one for sale. :rolleyes:

Let's see the pictures

View attachment 78785

View attachment 78786

View attachment 78787

View attachment 78788
PM sent for the LKp-N- 101 Netzkopfhaube.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts