• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Repro 426th NFS B-10 Jacket

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this thread, but just wanted to share my recent project jacket.

This jacket started life as an old run ATF B-10. Knits and zipper replaced with ones from MASH. Lining was replaced with parachute material and squadron patch painted by a friend. Only need to add a blood chit.

IMG_9341.jpg
IMG_9343.jpg
IMG_9344.jpg

MauldinFan

Great job. I really like the look of it!
The only problem with parachute material is it was only made for one use. Once it decides to go structurally, it goes fast.
How'd you get the AAF meatball on the left sleeve? I think I remember seeing that some of their earliest runs of them had the AAF shoulder insignia, or am I wrong about that? If so, was this one of those with that insignia?
I love my ATF B-10, I just wish they'd put the meatball on them...

Great job. I really like the look of it!
The only problem with parachute material is it was only made for one use. Once it decides to go structurally, it goes fast.
How'd you get the AAF meatball on the left sleeve? I think I remember seeing that some of their earliest runs of them had the AAF shoulder insignia, or am I wrong about that? If so, was this one of those with that insignia?
I love my ATF B-10, I just wish they'd put the meatball on them...
I'm pretty confident it will stay around for a while. The nylon was in pretty good shape and won't be under much stress. The meatball is a MASH repro decal.

@OperationCoffee -- what do you mean? What do you think?

ausreenactor