• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My recent visit to Eastman

tjoenn

Last weekend, my wife and I visited Eastman's new place. Last time, in 2014, I picked up an A-2 Flying Tigers. Rob was kind enough to meet us there on a Saturday, turned out we were the first customers to stop by after they moved. I had asked Rob to have a B-3 and a B-6 ready for me, took me weeks to decide which contract, but ended up with the B-3 Perry Sportswear Mixed Batch and the B-6 Roughwear. Customer service is of course unbelievable, Rob had two sizes ready for me to try on and he couldn't be more friendly or helpful. My wife had told me that I didn't have a black jacket, so I asked Rob if he could also have an Ostman ready for me, and after being encouraged by my wife, I couldn't resist.

After being home for a week, I am very happy with the choices I made. The Ostman is in my opinion very stylish and felt like it was custom-made for me. The B-6 is surprisingly light and I will get a lot of wear out of this one during the not-so-cold Western-Norwegian winters. The jewel, though, is the B-3. I really like the fact that it looks like two different jackets, depending on if you're coming or going! And the time-worn look is awesome and very practical as I won't be able to wear if many days, but I can hope for an unusually cold winter. However, being that the B-3 has always been a favorite of mine, since I first saw an add for Eastman at Oslo airport in 1990, being able to wear it just once or twice a year makes it worth it!!!

On a sidenote, bringing my wife to Eastman, now twice, and letting her see and hear about how the jackets are being made has given her an appreciation for my hobby/obsession which is nice - very much recommended! She even told Rob "see you in a couple of years". That put a smile on my face.

Pictures below of my purchases, one picture of my modest collection and one of me wearing the original G-1 I picked up here from a member - love wearing an original!

Bombing IP

Nice collection would be my pick also ,and most sensible for the Norway weather and summers !.

BIP

Jason

Can see why that mixed Perry B-3 is your favourite, and the B-6 with the Crown zipper looks sweet, too. Nice additions to the family. Did Rob let you look through the factory floor area?

tjoenn

Can see why that mixed Perry B-3 is your favourite, and the B-6 with the Crown zipper looks sweet, too. Nice additions to the family. Did Rob let you look through the factory floor area?

He sure did! Was a very nice visit and the place will look really nice when they get it all together!

Smithy

Ikke så mye, jeg har noen repros, ELC 1940 Irvin, tre B-15C, ATF B-10, Aero Barnstormer, to A-2 (som er for små - jeg trenger en ny ELC, kanskje fra Duxford i år) ;)

Takk for flotte bilder.

Tim

MikeyB-17

Didn't know they'd moved. I went to the old place many years ago. That trip is the stuff of dreams-how you going to decide which to wear? Agreed the B-3 is stunning. Congrats.

Stony

Does Gary have somewhere he displays his collection? I know I have sold him a couple of rare jackets over the years.

tjoenn

Does Gary have somewhere he displays his collection? I know I have sold him a couple of rare jackets over the years.
I don't know, they were still putting the place together. Rob said it would take some time as they at the same time had to make and sell jackets :) There certainly seem to be plenty room for his collection. Looking forward to seeing it next time!