• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My new Monarch M444A

saucerfiend

This is a review of my new Good Wear Monarch M444A, which I received this week. John had been working on the pattern for quite some time with all his many orders. Finally, John contacted me letting me know that he finally finished the pattern and it was my turn in line. I wasn't much help with measurements as only he knew the particular shape of the jacket. He mentioned some numbers and for for me, him knowing my usual size was good enough for me. The next week he sent me a link and asked me what I thought of it. Needless to say, I was completely thrilled with what I say. I had asked that he only be sure to give me bit more room in the chest and fit the sleeves to fit him as that would be fine. Unbelievable his knack of nailing measurements. A few days later, I had it in hand and was tickled pink!
The pattern was very sharp and no nonsense. The workmanship is impeccable. The sheepskin is 1/4 with a nice firm outer shell. Color is seal with slight reddish hue and contrasting Goatskin. Beautiful hides! Darkened brass Talon as well. The design snugs the body very comfortably and will get better as the outer skin softens up. Anyway, here is the link that John sent me of his modeling session with my jacket along with detail pics.

And some pics of me wearing it.
P1010113.JPG
P1010117.JPG
P1010120.JPG

Last edited:

Falcon_52

Really nice, Brian! Congrats!

It's interesting to see some of the differences between your Monarch and my GW Ostermann M-444A. The collar has a much different shape and the wind flap looks a little shorter on the bottom end.

I have been wearing my M-444A quite a bit this Spring. That is until a couple of days ago when the heatwave came upon us here. I find it to be a very practical jacket for a good range of temperatures.

Wear it in good health!

Noel

saucerfiend

Thanks everyone!

I'm EXTREMELY PLEASED with finish and fit! John's the best there is... period!

Noel: John had told me this is his favorite design of the M444a. A bit different from the Ostermann and the Willis & Geiger. A simpler no-nonsense design.

Last edited:

saucerfiend

Really nice, Brian! Congrats!

It's interesting to see some of the differences between your Monarch and my GW Ostermann M-444A. The collar has a much different shape and the wind flap looks a little shorter on the bottom end.

I have been wearing my M-444A quite a bit this Spring. That is until a couple of days ago when the heatwave came upon us here. I find it to be a very practical jacket for a good range of temperatures.

Wear it in good health!

Noel
Noel, much appreciated! Could you post a few wearing pics of of your Ostermann for reference?