• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My new GW 27753

Lignemaginot

In another thread, I read some people discussing how to get a repro jacket that fits just right.

In my instance, I had an original size 46 27753 in near mint condition - of all the size 46 A-2 that I've owned over the years (about 15 or so), this one had the broad shoulders and long arms that I need. Why get a repro? Because I never wanted to wear the original, fearing I'd damage it somehow.

So, off it went to John, who was then able to match the jacket exactly. In fact, the jacket fit him so well, that he made one for himself and one for me. The following photos (from John's site) show my original and his repro. The jacket I received doesn't have the decal.

http://www.goodwearleather.com/photos/27753_03_46/

As soon as my camera is fixed, I'll take some photos of my new jacket, which i've been wearing for a couple of weeks now. A very nice jacket, and in all honesty, the only repro I've ever had that has no issues - it really is just what I wanted; I can see no reason why I'd ever get rid of this one (unlike all the others).

Stony

As always, J.C. makes an outstanding product. My Bronco isn't due until Jan 09 and I can't wait.

kkochheiser

I'm in line for a size 46 27753 as well. Thanks for providing another original for John to work from. I can't wait but until I get mine, I'll be happy with pictures of yours.

Kent