• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My new GW 1941 Werber

Really excited about my new Good Wear A-2...the feel, fit, leather, everything is really beyond expectations. This is my 4th A-2...the previous 3 were over the last 20 years and include:
1) LL Bean Flying Tigers
2) Chinese repro
3) Aero in seal
4) The GW

I like all of them for various reasons but the craftsmanship, fit, weight, etc are just exceptional. As I plan on wearing it for (hopefully) 20 years (gut-permitting) I am really psyched about getting a Good Wear. The more I learned about these great jackets, read other reviews and saw the pictures posted I knew I really wanted one...the Chinese repro debacle (Spearhead) made this one taste particularly good. Let me know your thoughts!

IMG_4293.jpg

IMG_4304.jpg

IMG_4302.jpg

IMG_4295.jpg

SuinBruin

Looks just about perfect on you. What's to be said about GW that hasn't been said already?

I like the look of the Werber a lot and tried one of John's early versions on a few years ago. It's a very cool pattern but a bit short in the body, and since I'm a little long-torsoed it didn't quite work for me. On you it looks just right.

Congratulations and enjoy wearing the heck out of it. My 1 1/2 year old GW Bronco is just starting to hit its broken-in stride....

cheers
matt

derleicaman

Hey Ryan, it really looks good on you and fits well, better than it did on me! Enjoy it and wear the hell out of it.

Jaguar46

You have tasted the good life of A2 jackets. An overpowering urge to acquire leather jackets may come over you.

wop54

Another awesome GW jacket. And I like that big happy smile on your face! :D Wear it in good health!

jack aranda

The Werber is a great jacket. Yours is terrific! The fit is on the mark, and your smile tells the whole tale. Enjoy!

derleicaman said:
Hey Ryan, it really looks good on you and fits well, better than it did on me! Enjoy it and wear the hell out of it.

Ha...thank you; it was an absolute pleasure connecting on here and doing business with you. My previous Aero Anniversary Seal HH was a really nice A-2...OD thread, beautiful leather...but I'm 6' and the 22.5" zip on there showed the world more belt buckle than I'm prepared to show on a daily basis. The length on this is 24.5"...whole different ballgame.

Thanks for the thoughts everyone. Happy Easter / Passover to all of you!

RA

Stef

Fantastic Werber, fit is absolutly perfect. It could not be better. Never let that beauty go away ! congrats
----------------
Stef

Rutger

Looks the part all the way, not much left to wish for now he ;)

Would be great to post some pictures in this thread after a couple months of wear, supposing you're gonna wear it on a regular basis.

cheers,
Rutger