• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My "new" B3 - Need Help !

Jagdflieger

Hey Guys,

this ist my new Flight Jacket, without any Informations about its age, brand,background (Origin).

I would be really happy for every information :)

I think its old,or does it look older than it is?

I really need your Help ....

Thank you very much.

image host

dmar836

How about posting an intro in the bio section. I know you have already posted but it would be nice to see a bio. These photos should then bring plenty of comments.
Welcome,
Dave

B-Man2

Based on what I can see in the photosI would say that your jacket is a commercially made for the public B-3 jacket as opposed to a military contract one. Although it may have been a private purchase jacket used by an airman. I don’t know that much about the authenticity of the blood chit but if I had to guess I would lean towards a repro one rather than an authentic period piece. A label somewhere would make things a little easier but I’m sure someone here will come along shortly with more definitive information.
Regards

Ken at Aero Leather

What he said......

US made circa 1970s
Nice CBI Blood Chit, stamped too, could be an Aero silk repro..... unlikely to be original considering the age of the jacket

Jagdflieger

What he said......

US made circa 1970s
Nice CBI Blood Chit, stamped too, could be an Aero silk repro..... unlikely to be original considering the age of the jacket

Thank you for the informations :) do you have examples for similar Jackets ? I Had never Seen before These kind of pockets.

dmar836

Jag, didn’t see the bio. Like I said, welcome aboard.
I would add to what everyone else says about this being a repro before the mall jacket arose to prominence.
Dave