• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My new aero royale

dinomartino1

My new Aero Royale in battered steerhide.

My jacket size is normally a 38 but I had to go down to 36 for the right fit.
I had the waistband made wider, the same width as on the 38 as on the 36 it would have been pretty tight.
Being as I live in a very hot climate the lining is cotton Lanark tartan.
Waldes nickel zip and matching d-ring waist adjusters

When worn the back of the jacket is designed to blouse out from the waistband.

The style of the jacket means that to look it's best it does need to be cut a shorter length than what you normally would wear.
I don't think the jacket would suit someone who wears their pants or jeans low.

"Another new Aero design from our small range of British jackets introduced in 2014. Although not a reproduction any one particular jacket from the 1930s this jacket is atypical of the Sporting Leather jackets available from the likes of Gamages and Warring & Gillow designed primarily for Golf and Skiing, in fact our jacket is very similar to the one in the original St Andrews poster illustrated.

Our jacket has two flapped patch pockets with button closure, sleeves that are slightly gathered at the wrist above the adjustable button cuff. The back panel is quite heavily gathered into the waistband, the waist itself draws in with "D" Rings and side belts, front closure is by a period British style zipper. Typical of the originals, we've lined this jacket in a fairly lightweight checked cotton We've used the same tailoring techniques used in the originals in order to get the true feel of Britain in the 1930s when a gentleman dressed with taste for sport and recreation while to complete the true period look, the jacket is fitted with our new "Outdoor" label which has been specially commissioned for our new range of 1930s British leisurewear.

Customers should note that the styling and the British tailoring techniques used for total period authenticity means that this jacket will only be available in our lighter weight leathers."

P1020550.JPG

P1020551.JPG

P1020552.JPG

P1020554.JPG

P1020553.JPG

Smithy

Very nice and handsome looking jacket. Reminds me of an Indy jacket which isn't a bad thing. Great looking leather too.

Lorenzo_l

Despite being heavily biased towards flight jackets, I have to admit that that It is actually one very nice jacket! Wear it in good health.

dinomartino1

Looks really slick -- a perfect fit! I also wear an Aero size 38. What length are the sleeves and back on your jacket?

"My jacket size is normally a 38 [not aero 38] but I had to go down to 36 for the right fit for my shoulders and chest.
I had the waistband made wider, the same width as on the 38 as on the 36 it would have been pretty tight."

I went down a size as I find a lot aero styles are cut bigger than the tag size, the 38 measurements where closer to a 40 in my opinion.
"Thank you for your patience, the shoulder measurement for a 38” Royale is approx. 18”-18.25”."
"The stock 38 measurements for the royale are length 24" sleeve 24 1/2" chest 22""

I am 5ft 6/2" with a 31 waist.
Sleeves 24"
Back length from the bottom of the collar seam 24"

Smithy

Perfect fit, and amazing jacket! I think I'm in love with that battered steerhide.

I'm with Cédric as well, the leather really looks the goods.

Hope you're getting some wear in it although knowing WA that might be debatable Flynny!

dinomartino1

I'm with Cédric as well, the leather really looks the goods.

Hope you're getting some wear in it although knowing WA that might be debatable Flynny!

The lighterweight leather and lining make it pretty wearable here at the moment, the over 45C summer days are not far way though.
I have always wanted an irvin, more so than any other flight jacket [for patriotic reasons} but I just can't just justify the cost for a jacket that could only be worn a few times a year here, but I have been the considering the WPG on sale now for $295, I can live with the zips for that price, overall it looks pretty good.

Smithy

The lighterweight leather and lining make it pretty wearable here at the moment, the over 45C summer days are not far way though.
I have always wanted an irvin, more so than any other flight jacket [for patriotic reasons} but i just can't just justify the cost for a jacket that could only be worn a few times a year here, but I have been the considering the WPG on sale now for $295, I can live with the zips for that price ,overall it looks pretty good.

People rave about the WPG Flynny for the price so I'd go for it. They really don't look bad at all when you look at what you pay. You can always take a trip down to Tassie or NZ for a winter holiday as well and you'll get to wear it a lot.