• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My mystery B-10

kirova

Hi everyone,

As mentioned in my members intro thread, this is a B-10 I picked up while holidaying in Hong Kong around 10 years ago, price was approx $110 USD.

The shop keeper reckons this jacket was from Japan, but I very much doubt it due to it's price, I have checked from top to bottom and inside every pocket but was not able to find any labels of the manufacturer, what do you guys think?

eitherway, for the price I've paid, and it has given me 10 years of solid and reliable service, I won't be too disappointed even if I didn't hit the jackpot, so fire away :)

anyway, since I have lost some weight over the last couple of years, now I am itching for a new one........... :)

Attachments

• DSC_0943.JPG
    DSC_0943.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 331
  • DSC_0944.JPG
    DSC_0944.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 340
  • DSC_0945.JPG
    DSC_0945.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 333
  • DSC_0946.JPG
    DSC_0946.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 337
  • DSC_0947.JPG
    DSC_0947.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 358
  • DSC_0949.JPG
    DSC_0949.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 359
  • DSC_0952.JPG
    DSC_0952.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 349
  • DSC_0942.JPG
    DSC_0942.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 350

Technonut2112

The jacket with it's Stagg label, and overall good quality, reminds me of a higher-end Chinese repro made by a company called 'RTWB'. I can't recall whether it ever had a bar-type Talon repro pull on it though. Your jacket is definitely a cut-above Bronson or Bob Dong, but not quite up to Japanese quality, materials, and detailing from what I can see in the pics. Still a quite nice B-10 repro...

Pilot

The jacket with it's Stagg label, and overall good quality, reminds me of a higher-end Chinese repro made by a company called 'RTWB'. I can't recall whether it ever had a bar-type Talon repro pull on it though. Your jacket is definitely a cut-above Bronson or Bob Dong, but not quite up to Japanese quality, materials, and detailing from what I can see in the pics. Still a quite nice B-10 repro...
Confirm, were sold for little money in the 1990ies in HongKong and Seoul. Most probably one of the predecessors of B.D. or Bronso...
OK for its price, but a lot of poly. all over...

Technonut2112

After looking again, there does seem to be a lot of synthetic material. Taking into consideration that Bronson and BD are using genuine mouton, and a large percentage of wool in their linings / knits, I couldn't say that the Stagg repro is a 'cut-above' them, but does come into it's own for being an inexpensive actual contract repro IMO, and does resemble a Stagg... It seems to be holding up well for being 10 years old as well...

kirova

thanks Pilot and Technonut, mystery solved :)

anyway, as said in my OP, maybe it is time to hunt for a new jacket, when I first got this jacket, I can't even do up the zipper, but now, I can probably fit a smaller B-10 underneath it.

but since it is 43 degree (c) at where I am at the moment, I am not in a hurry lol

B-Man2

Hi
I’ve been watching this thread pretty closely because I had the same question about my B-10 . it’s the same as this one . I’ve owned it for about 8 years and it was a mystery to me who made it . Thanks to all of you who brought this to light.

F7A3659D-CDA9-47EC-B243-053CDB0170C1.jpeg
4887E2EB-C3E4-41A0-9B76-8B458F6AF06B.jpeg
6F8F0E4A-DCFE-4996-827B-FD49CC0DD41C.jpeg
F6F1220C-9F87-43CF-B157-9EEEECACA95A.jpeg

RB25

I have this jacket as well, it’s a size 42. Surprisingly warm and comfortable. My only complaint with it is the white zipper. Got it for around $50 a few years ago off the bay.

RB25

This is the only time/place I have seen another. Couldn’t find a maker tag anywhere when I got it. Main reason I bought mine a couple years ago was the price was right and it had no wear or use. My only gripe is the crappy zipper.

B-Man2

Agree ... it is a warm jacket that is actually nicely made. The zipper definite needs some upgrading but other than that, if accuracy isn’t an issue, it’s a good wearing jacket.

RB25

Surprised there aren’t more out there, this thread was a complete shock and knowing other forum members have this jacket. Far from my daily wearer but glad to have it.

kirova

Agree ... it is a warm jacket that is actually nicely made. The zipper definite needs some upgrading but other than that, if accuracy isn’t an issue, it’s a good wearing jacket.

I thought about replacing the zipper as it is starting to tear at the bottom, but zipper plus labour would've cost more than half of the jacket's price, so I ditched that idea...........

RB25

If I ever find one that is a good repro for it I would definitely go for it. It’s just not a priority at the moment. I have no doubt it would take the jacket up a notch in appearance even though it’s a repro B10.

B-Man2

I thought about replacing the zipper as it is starting to tear at the bottom, but zipper plus labour would've cost more than half of the jacket's price, so I ditched that idea...........
If you like the jacket and it’s a good wearer for you I would be reluctant to dump it. Especially if everything else is holding up well.
That jacket was an early entry by China into the B-10 market . It was fairly well made, at the time , and priced well below its value in my opinion. I would have the zipper replaced .

kirova

RB25/B-Man2:

if this jacket still fits me, I would probably invest more money into it, right now, it feels like a trench coat to me :)

anyway, it is summer right now at where I am, so no hurries for me to replace/upgrade/fix it anytime soon :)

ausreenactor

I picked one up off eBay. Seller of multiple Staggs was in Korea. Had a version with poorly placed, low quality patches. Pulled them and badged it. Sold it at a gun show here in 2014.

RB25

This one did have patches now that you mention it. One was an 8th AF patch and the other I don’t recall. They both came off, quality of the patches was bad compared to the real deal.

B-Man2

This one did have patches now that you mention it. One was an 8th AF patch and the other I don’t recall. They both came off, quality of the patches was bad compared to the real deal.
I’m pretty sure they came with an 8th AF patch on one shoulder and a CBI patch on the other. A patch fail for sure.

RB25

That’s right it was a CBI patch B-Man, a complete fail is right on point. I probably have them around somewhere but they were a bad combo IMO.