My Mighty Eighth A-2 is complete

pathdoc2

My desire to have an 8th AF A-2 started in 2015 when I saw an original A-2 in antique store in my hometown of McKinney, TX. They were asking $2500. In hindsight I should have come up with the cash. I set out to make a copy, not exact but more of a tribute. The front patch was copied by the talented Miroslav Sekulich. The art on the back of this horsehide A-2 (Gibson & Barnes) was done by Jennifer Thomas aka Hotrod Jen in Pennsylvania. I love the Buggs theme and expanded upon that. The first 3 pics are of my reproduction jacket, the last 3 of the original including its original owner, a B-17 pilot.
Hope you enjoy.

Attachments

ausreenactor

My desire to have an 8th AF A-2 started in 2015 when I saw an original A-2 in antique store in my hometown of McKinney, TX. They were asking $2500. In hindsight I should have come up with the cash. I set out to make a copy, not exact but more of a tribute. The front patch was copied by the talented Miroslav Sekulich. The art on the back of this horsehide A-2 (Gibson & Barnes) was done by Jennifer Thomas aka Hotrod Jen in Pennsylvania. I love the Buggs theme and expanded upon that. The first 3 pics are of my reproduction jacket, the last 3 of the original including its original owner, a B-17 pilot.
Hope you enjoy.
Stands out.... That's for sure!