• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My latest project, L2A by Bronson

Enigma1938

Hi folks
I just wanna show you my latest project I'm working on. It's a L2A jacket made by Bronson. Yes there are still a few little inaccuracies like the talon zipper and some details of the label (L2B instead of L2A or the size in words not in numbers) but over all I'm very happy with it. The jacket itself cost 99$ on the Bronson website what is a great price-performance ratio in my opinion. I did a few little changes like repositioning the oxy tab and changing the male buttons from blackened brass to nickel finish and aging the female buttons. It's a size XL not because I'm that big, it's because the Bronson jackets usually are 1 or two sizes smaller / tighter than normal european or us- made garments. I actually have a chest size 40 / 42.
The patches are of the 4th fighter group on the right side and the 335th FIS on the left. I decided to get the 335th patch a little smaller than the usual known version because I needed place for the leather name tag. I researched a lot previously and found out that there were smaller ones also back there in the fifties, saw some on a few old photos worn on A2's for example.
I really love this jacket, it's easy to wear, it's a good quality and only cost me 160$ with patches and stuff.

Regards
20190328_221028.jpg
20190328_221136.jpg
20190328_221256.jpg
20190328_221153.jpg
20190328_221429.jpg
20190328_221337.jpg
20190328_221317.jpg

Chris

johnwayne

Good job that man but looks a little too new and crisp IMHO, just age the patches maybe - the old tea bag treatment? All personal taste of course but looks nice nonetheless.

CBI

as I mentioned in another post, I have one of these jackets and I really like it. I have enjoyed wearing it as much as higher end repros. I didn't do any mods though, its close enough for me. Considering that my wearing habits would be wearing these rarely, I didn't want to spend a lot. Same experience for me with their B-10!

Enigma1938

Nice L2A project. I’m curious, where did you source the patches from?

Well I searched for a few weeks but there wasn't anything satisfying out there... I found some pretty original patches but for the price of 4 Bronson jackets or I found totally ugly cheap made repros. Then suddenly on Ebay USA I came across a military dealer who has tons of stuff for auction. Some things are trashy but some are well made and for a good price.

https://www.m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?sid=nchs&isRefine=true&_pgn=1

Enigma1938

Good job that man but looks a little too new and crisp IMHO, just age the patches maybe - the old tea bag treatment? All personal taste of course but looks nice nonetheless.

Your right about the condition, but it's hard to age a patch without damaging it. Never heard about a tea bag treatment, so what's up with it?

johnwayne

I'm no expert but simply using a damp used teabag (probably more effective if warm rather than cold) and dabbing over the patch dirties/stains it somewhat and tones down the colours making it look older? I've only done it once on a 77th FG patch on my M41 'parsons' jacket and was quite pleased with it. Never been out in pouring rain in it though!! I'm sure there's other ways to dumb down a bright patch too but he teabag method was a way I think I read here some few years ago.

Thomas Koehle

I usually put patches into coffee - leave it in so it gets fully soaked and after that just leave it dry

The stronger the coffee - the darker the result

Enigma1938

Thanks for your advice, I'll think about it .
Btw when it comes to the snap buttons of the L-2A I noticed that even the high end repro makers like Buzz and Co use blackened brass buttons (Male-side) instead of nickel ones. Every original exemplar I've seen has the nickel ones.