• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My latest Leather unit patch, 34th Bombardment Squadron......

EMBLEMHUNTER

Here's the 34th Bombardment Squadron unit emblem of the famed "Dollittle Raid" I made on leather, enjoy :)
1st 1st 1st 34th Bombardment Squadron.jpg

busdrivermike

I’m curious, is that carved into the leather then painted using leather paint ?
I’ve been thinking about making or having made this design from the twilight zone
AF85FF1D-7173-438F-AF02-B2387A9D07C8.jpeg
EA74D6B8-05E4-4FF3-B2D5-7BD3C4A21CF1.png

Spitfireace

Obviously acrylic paint is not authentic. They weren't readily available until the fifties. Would have been enamel.

EMBLEMHUNTER

Obviously acrylic paint is not authentic. They weren't readily available until the fifties. Would have been enamel.
I never said Acrylics were authentic for painting a patch,it's just what I use and BTW enamels crack/chip and flake easily and acrylics hold up better .......

Spitfireace

If you look at the original patches, yes the enamels cracked and flaked off. Makes them have that look. Acrylic is durable and also water based. Much easier than dealing with enamel and using thinner.