• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my latest acquisitions

Happy Hooligan

A little bit about Hugo's Service during WWII: During World War II, Rodeck volunteered in the U.S. Army Air Corps for four years. He began his service by teaching bombardiers how to use the new Norden Bombsite, and also took part in the development of an experimental weapon using bats and incendiary bombs at Kirtland Field in New Mexico. He also spent time at Northwestern University in Chicago for Japanese language training and several other universities for further training. When he completed his service in the military, he returned to CU-Boulder and resumed his job as museum director, a position that was held for him during his service years.

Dimitry M

i got an orig 1943 footlocker for free a while back. its addressed to baltimore MD my own state! inside lid is mint! the rest is rough and it needs a new bottom soon

Edward

picked up this shabby chic early production Strombeck-Becker Manufacturing Co. (StromBecKer) “Spotter Series” B-17E pre-carved pine kit model.
(1:72 scale to correspond to the military training scale just as the Cruver spotters.)
These kits using machine carved parts were not made for the government but its reported they were distributed or made available to military units through recreational services, the Boy Scouts, the Red Cross and the USO. Often donated to Army Air Corps training centers.
A great decorative “Home Front” display piece for my Army Air Forces collection! The front gun was missing leaving just a hole so I cut down a tooth pick, painted it black and set it in place... makes one wonder who made this one and what age they were... original paint and decals and its full of character! I love how they painted thumbtacks and put them on the engines.

IMG_4497.jpg
IMG_4498.jpg
IMG_4499.jpg
IMG_4500.jpg
IMG_4501.jpg
IMG_4507.jpg
IMG_4508.jpg
IMG_4509.jpg
IMG_4512.jpg
IMG_4479.jpg

Micawber

picked up this shabby chic early production Strombeck-Becker Manufacturing Co. (StromBecKer) “Spotter Series” B-17E pre-carved pine kit model.
(1:72 scale to correspond to the military training scale just as the Cruver spotters.)
These kits using machine carved parts were not made for the government but its reported they were distributed or made available to military units through recreational services, the Boy Scouts, the Red Cross and the USO. Often donated to Army Air Corps training centers.
A great decorative “Home Front” display piece for my Army Air Forces collection! The front gun was missing leaving just a hole so I cut down a tooth pick, painted it black and set it in place... makes one wonder who made this one and what age they were... original paint and decals and its full of character! I love how they painted thumbtacks and put them on the engines.

View attachment 63751View attachment 63752View attachment 63753View attachment 63754View attachment 63755View attachment 63756View attachment 63757View attachment 63758View attachment 63759View attachment 63760

Now that I like!!

Edward

As you now I have a thing for vintage 30s and 40s office supplies (especially if they have any relation to WWII USAAF)
Well, I finally added a missing part to my vintage 1940s office... an office/teacher's desk
I've always wanted to complete the look of my vintage office and today I did!
For some time searched for a 1940s desk but being large, heavy, pricey and always too far away I pretty much gave up on the idea. They rarely list them to ship as the price of shipping is often more than the price of the desk itself and these vintage desks are most often $300 to $600. (Sometimes more!) so they are almost always listed as local pickup only… Four months ago this small 1940s teachers desk was listed at $250 and located only 100 miles from me. I kept thinking about it and kept trying to talk myself out of it... but I can justify anything! (never drink and ebay…) :D
22 "watchers" later I decided it needed to be mine! Being so close and affordable I figured it was my one chance to get the desk I've wanted so I hit Buy It Now!
This morning I made the road trip! There and back in 4 1/2 hours.... and now I have a more vintage style home office... lots of dings and marks... shabby chic and full of character... sadly no maker marks anywhere to be found.
(*Hobie Ocean Kayak not vintage :p )

IMG_4545desk.jpg
IMG_4547desk.jpg
IMG_4549desk.jpg
IMG_4551desk.jpg
IMG_4553desk.jpg

And now for the obligatory vintage selfies! (very cheesy! :D )
IMG_4583self.jpeg
IMG_4667self.jpg
IMG_4668self.jpg

if you look closely at the bottom by his foot you will see his lunch box under the desk... I replicated that with my 1930s lunch box for fun! :D

lunchboxdesk.jpg
VintageSelfDesk.jpg

ausreenactor

As you now I have a thing for vintage 30s and 40s office supplies (especially if they have any relation to WWII USAAF)
Well, I finally added a missing part to my vintage 1940s office... an office/teacher's desk
I've always wanted to complete the look of my vintage office and today I did!
For some time searched for a 1940s desk but being large, heavy, pricey and always too far away I pretty much gave up on the idea. They rarely list them to ship as the price of shipping is often more than the price of the desk itself and these vintage desks are most often $300 to $600. (Sometimes more!) so they are almost always listed as local pickup only… Four months ago this small 1940s teachers desk was listed at $250 and located only 100 miles from me. I kept thinking about it and kept trying to talk myself out of it... but I can justify anything! (never drink and ebay…) :D
22 "watchers" later I decided it needed to be mine! Being so close and affordable I figured it was my one chance to get the desk I've wanted so I hit Buy It Now!
This morning I made the road trip! There and back in 4 1/2 hours.... and now I have a more vintage style home office... lots of dings and marks... shabby chic and full of character... sadly no maker marks anywhere to be found.
(*Hobie Ocean Kayak not vintage :p )

View attachment 63869View attachment 63870View attachment 63871View attachment 63872View attachment 63873

And now for the obligatory vintage selfies! (very cheesy! :D )View attachment 63874View attachment 63875View attachment 63876

if you look closely at the bottom by his foot you will see his lunch box under the desk... I replicated that with my 1930s lunch box for fun! :D

View attachment 63877View attachment 63878

'I don't want Fop, I'm a Dapper Dan man!'

Edward

Is that a 44 or 45 dated Kayak ?
sadly its postwar but I'm looking to replace it if I should ever come across a 42, 43 or 44.... but those are hard to find in decent condition... the 45 production were the same as the 44s but with different buckle straps and updated paddles. :p