• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my latest acquisitions

Dimitry M

Its the most appropriate place for it. Better that its attached to a .50 cal M2 Browning machine gun aboard a Boeing B-17 where it belongs rather than in my living room collecting dust with only me drooling over it!
they needed it and i had it so now I can boast that I had a hand of sorts in helping to realize the dream! Its much more rewarding this way than hoarding it and eventually having to try to sell it to another collector one day. My fear is when I’m ready to sell off my collection it’ll be 20 years from now and no one will be interested in any of it! I could be wrong but I have a feeling my stuff will be a hard sell 20 years from now. Those that collect the stuff will also be trying to get rid of it and have both feet in the grave just like me and can’t afford to spend their fixed income retirement paychecks on antiques! Lol! Hopefully when it’s finished I’ll get a VIP invite for a tour of it!
I take that donation! First dibs! Just stick around for a bit though.

Rory Schultz

Oh it is a nightmare to pass air worthy trials! I watched a few times when some of the work on B-29 FiFi was done. I am so bad with names but he was one of those guys who flew on her in WW2 or after, just can not remember (navigator I think) then worked on it to restore it. He gave my daughter his cap that he wore and told her to never wash it because all the sweat, blood and tears along with gobs of aviation oil that dripped on the cap were from his love of that plane. She has it on her stand in her room. Back when my daughter was 2 years old she had a thing for planes and wanted to be a pilot so bad. Her attitude is different now...she is terrified of them now. Back then she would want to sit at the airport watch them land. She could look at one by sound at 10,000 feet and tell you if it was a jet or prop. By the time she was 4 year old she would want to go stand at the hangars and watch....one day their was a twin engine private Lear 25 and it was sitting there warming up and she saw the Pilot and Co pilot come out of the nearby officer to walk toward the plane and she started jumping up and down squealing 'Let me see, let me see!" They came over to her, asked if she wanted to see the cockpit and man did she scream! They took her to the cockpit let her sit in the seat telling her not to touch anything....took pics and stuff. She was so happy that she started to cry and they hugged her.....that was one her fav moments. Another one was when she was 10 riding in a WW2 jeep completely rigged out for battle and she had on a helmet standing on the back holding onto the .30 cal. Another on that same day is she is in her onesie flight gear with leather helmet (I own a bunch of them signed by pilots) sitting in the cockpit of the famous Corsair. Now she will not get near a plane she is so frightened of them, she saw a crash and that was it for her. lol

s4rmark

Managed to win one of these one pint RAF tea mugs on Ebay for a good price, I’m well chuffed.
9A7C0D26-3CFC-409A-AB0F-4856DC9D1814.jpeg