• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my latest acquisitions

Edward

A curious item I have here for my WWII desktop. I have only ever seen one other listed and it was in highly used condition. This one is minty and matches the used one precisely. it would be easy to make repros of these but if someone went to the trouble to do so and match the print stamp with the exact fonts and size I would think these would come up on eBay or Etsy often but none have ever been listed before or after my purchase. I'm not entirely convinced its WWII vintage but it could be. Not sure what to think of it...
I purchased it from an antique dealer in the UK and it appears to be a Homefront stationary shop item. I could see a soldier on leave purchasing this on his trip into town for stationary supplies. The Venus Pencil Co Ltd. had offices in Ontario and a few US cities and even set up an office in London. my research has revealed nothing of the "War Eraser" even though Venus Pencil Co. did in fact make a variety of rubber erasers with a similar one in size to this one with a different label stamping.

IMG_1852.JPG

Edward

As you know I have a nice collection of 1940s/WWII era coffee mugs in my collection. Ever since I found out this booklet existed I was on the hunt for one and finally snagged one! pretty rare with 18 pages of how to make coffee for a platoon! :D

A perfect addition to my WWII Coffee Cafe'

dated March 2 1944
IMG_0215.jpg
IMG_0216.jpg
IMG_0217.jpg
IMG_0218.jpg
IMG_0221.JPG
IMG_0227.JPG

B-Man2

As you know I have a nice collection of 1940s/WWII era coffee mugs in my collection. Ever since I found out this booklet existed I was on the hunt for one and finally snagged one! pretty rare with 18 pages of how to make coffee for a platoon! :D

A perfect addition to my WWII Coffee Cafe'

dated March 2 1944
View attachment 48770View attachment 48771View attachment 48772View attachment 48773View attachment 48774View attachment 48775
Ed
You are like Jorge in that you continue to out do yourself with every new purchase . That’s
Outstanding ! Cool stuff buddy !

ausreenactor

Messing formulas.....

I guess there would be baking manuals and stew manuals. I think my Dad had some catering corps stuff after he moved from the Engineers, through Military Police to his cushy gig as a CPL cook. Told the PTEs what to do and just sat back making 'yabbie' (crawfish) tail sandwiches.

I just kept the Drill, AFV and Pentropic Division (whatever that is/was) manuals.

Great stuff Edward, as always.

Edward

I finally added a Watchman (Watch Duty) hand warmer mug to my collection of WWII era coffee mugs. I was waiting for the right one to come along and this one matches a 1942/1943 marked collection of McNicol China Clarksburg, West Virginia restaurant ware that I have. many companies made handless watchman mugs for the Navy/Marines but I had no idea McNicol China was one of those companies so when it came up it was a no-brainer-must-have for my collection especially as I have the matching saucer that works well with it.
This thing is very heavy and very thick! Can't wait to use it tomorrow morning!
IMG_0254.JPG
IMG_0255.JPG
IMG_0256.JPG
IMG_0258.JPG
IMG_0259.JPG
IMG_0260.JPG
co1.jpg
co2.jpg
co6.jpg
Scan2.jpeg

Last edited:

Edward

Edward, you need to leave a little dried coffee residue in those cups. People will ask if those are original or repro coffee stains. Outstanding sir.
Ya never wash the mug! A little rinse is fine but you don’t wash it apparently! Lol! I read all about that!

Edward

Definitely a bit overpriced but being its in the original box is quite rare. Occasionally people come across these still in the box with tags. A few years ago a B-17?Fortress cruver mint in box with tags was found! In the past two years I’ve seen about 4 boxed spotter cruvers in box come up. I’m only interested in the bombers though. Since they are all scaled to each other those fighters are pretty small so I’ve never been able to justify the asking prices for them even without an original box. Nice to see though! Thanks for the link!

Edward

Added a Bakelite desk calendar complete with an unused 1942 calendar. The top few sheets have lost some edges due to age brittleness but otherwise in great condition. Hard to imagine a wartime 1942 calendar surviving 79 years and it not having been tossed away. A great addition to my 1940s office!

AB139583-E755-45C4-8569-D5B70168A6FC.jpeg
5AD05A07-0AFE-48A6-A719-CA4F0FB6D38C.jpeg
A53A4CA4-5E3B-4A99-AC09-ABCA21EE5DDD.jpeg
B1BE8C7B-F4CF-4892-909C-8CFE4013B240.jpeg
056141A9-A448-4492-B38C-6F058494DE2A.jpeg
A015AF01-93E9-4190-B3EE-134A8E2C4CBF.jpeg