• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my latest acquisitions

B-Man2

added a nice pairing to my 1941 RAF mug... a 1941 RAF hand Towel that appears to be unissued....
Its stamped
R.A.F.
J. WILKINSON LTD
England
interestingly enough my mug is labeled A.J. Wilkinson Ltd. so perhaps its the same manufacturer?
It measures 18.5 inches by 27 inches.

View attachment 44365View attachment 44366
Ed
I really like that mug. I have a couple of repros but would like to find an original in mint condition. If you Don’t mind me asking how did you find yours?
2F4DD6E8-C187-41F4-847B-C743BF8A83EE.jpeg

Edward

eBay. I just kept searching RAF Mug. they come up quite often actually and usually out of England but my first came from here in the states. typically these sell for around $80 on average. I was lucky to have paid only $50 for one of them and a mere $8 plus shipping for another! sometimes they are listed as buy it now which is ideal because they always get bid on.

B-Man2

eBay. I just kept searching RAF Mug. they come up quite often actually and usually out of England but my first came from here in the states. typically these sell for around $80 on average. I was lucky to have paid only $50 for one of them and a mere $8 plus shipping for another! sometimes they are listed as buy it now which is ideal because they always get bid on.
Thanks I hope I didn’t just alert the world on this one;)

Edward

Thanks I hope I didn’t just alert the world on this one;)
sometimes a couple of months will go by with none listed then all the sudden there will be 3 or 4 listed at the same time. A mint one went for just over $100 a few weeks ago.

After a long search, found a Signal Corps BC-348-R receiver in near NOS working condition as used by the USAAF. These were very common throughout the war in multi-engine aircraft—especially bombers like the B-17, B-24 and B-29. Comes from a lovely fellow here in England who has restored a set on display in Bletchley Park.

Even uses the original DC on board 24 volt aircraft dynamotor. Until the original period external speaker arrives, the headset is getting a workout/ The sound is very warm and dynamic. As you tune it through the shortwave (SSB) you can hear the morse key from far off stations not unlike what air crews might have heard.

IMG_4578.JPG
IMG_4593.JPG
BC-348-R cat.png
B-17 BC-348.jpg
IMG_4579.JPG

BC-348-R Fa.jpg

B-Man2

After a long search, found a Signal Corps BC-348-R receiver in near NOS working condition as used by the USAAF. These were very common throughout the war in multi-engine aircraft—especially bombers like the B-17, B-24 and B-29. Comes from a lovely fellow here in England who has restored a set on display in Bletchley Park.

Even uses the original DC on board 24 volt aircraft dynamotor. Until the original period external speaker arrives, the headset is getting a workout/ The sound is very warm and dynamic. As you tune it through the shortwave (SSB) you can hear the morse key from far off stations not unlike what air crews might have heard.

View attachment 45816View attachment 45817View attachment 45818View attachment 45819View attachment 45820
View attachment 45821
That looks to be in fantastic condition.
Well done . Nice find.

ausreenactor

View attachment 45816View attachment 45817View attachment 45818View attachment 45819View attachment 45820
View attachment 45821

What a find! Where does the morse key plug in?

Edward

Wow!!! And working! That is absolutely amazing!!!!

View attachment 45821

Edward

so far everything is either latch or hook style or a single piece and not the two part slider with teeth. :(

this one on the M3 helmet is only about an inch wide
View attachment 35758
For anyone still following or in need of this friction buckle for their M3 Flak helmet strap a very very close match has been found! The back end is a bit elongated but it’s the proper width. Same shape as far as I can tell although bent like the m1938 legging strap

1 inch wide is the correct one
FA689D2F-D206-4525-8CB9-D9AFDEBC85B8.jpeg
46DF045A-346F-46CB-B327-A7F3BF87B63A.png

Brent

Edward, you always find the coolest things. Always a pleasure to look and read at what you've acquired.

Regards,

ausreenactor

Clark J

Hey Ed I think you found the buckle you were looking for but did you contact J Murray 1944 the M1 helmet guy ??